Author Topic: Eric, the aircon man  (Read 1473 times)

Offline petercs

Eric, the aircon man
« on: October 18, 2016, 08:39. »
I have been advised by Erik that due to complications from a recent operation he will not be working until  next March
I am in the market for a replacement Panasonic unit to be fitted to the downstairs living area.
I may well wait for his return  to health but would also welcome any other recommendations. I would add that Euronics quoted me nearly 150 euros more than Erik.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Eric, the aircon man
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 13:51. »
Is that for identical unit?
I've supported Eric for years as I have Euronics, I've always found Euronics good on pricing and very good on service

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline petercs

Eric, the aircon man
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 15:16. »
John

To be honest not sure as to model that Erik quoted me for other than it was a Panasonic and 12000 whatever. Euronics was for a same  size unit but as to model no etc no idea if they were like for like.
I am probably able to wait for Erik BUT if for any reason he does not start work in March may have to reconsider
Reason for a new unit is the Mondoclime? Fitted by Robin Hood (and we won't go there as to what they did)some12 years ago packed up this year and is not worthwhile putting a new circuit board in

Peter

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Eric, the aircon man
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 15:48. »
Eric replaced one of our units with a Panasonic unit a few years ago, it's very good, the amount of heat it chucks out in the colder months is amazing.
Definitely worth fitting

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Eric, the aircon man
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 15:52. »
I have put a mains protector socket between my air con and the wall socket, have had TV and stereo destroyed so far by high voltage mains transients, as air con has circuit boards in them they can be killed by transients.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Offline tony and lesley

• paradise is GA
Eric, the aircon man
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 17:42. »
Air con Problems...

In the absence of the main man Erik for a while may I suggest  Dave Furze  ---http://www.dmfplumbing.com/