Author Topic: I might have to cut back on puddings....  (Read 5761 times)

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
I might have to cut back on puddings....
« on: October 06, 2016, 16:51. »
......if it gets much worse
Every little helps

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline dleafy

• Supreme Member
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 20:23. »
A temporary measure. The UK is booming!
EMF downgraded their doom laden post brexit predictions today.
I still think things will get worse before they get better, but most people the world over now realising that the UK is very strong and has been propping up the smaller countries who were let in without bringing anything to the table.

Cheers

Davy !!!

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 07:36. »
I could be cutting back on starters as well!!
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Maricia

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 09:12. »
Not great and the rate is dropping again this morning.......... :(

The FTSE is seeing its best performance in a long time with the low £ at present.....Once again the rich getting richer etc. etc.

BW

Maricia

Offline Gemstone

• Supreme Member
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 09:48. »
Lets hope that you wont have to cut back on the wine John !  :'(

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 10:15. »
Heaven forbid, but I may have to resort to the Conde Noble, it tastes OK when the Mrs cooks with it

Regards all

John

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 11:49. »
On the positive side if you own a euro asset eg your house yo are getting richer, but those renting with income in sterling or those on UK pensions will be struggling living in Spain

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2016, 12:10. »
.....and your pension pot should be at a record high
Every cloud.....

Regards all

John

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2016, 14:01. »
Maricia assuming the information in your post isnt taken from a daily newspaper, could you explain how the recent rise in the value of the ftse to new highs is "the rich getting richer etc etc ".
They dont like it up em !

Offline Maricia

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2016, 14:37. »
Maricia assuming the information in your post isnt taken from a daily newspaper, could you explain how the recent rise in the value of the ftse to new highs is "the rich getting richer etc etc ".

Because I work on Wall Street.....................I didn't understand that forum rules meant that I had to explain myself :)

BW

Maricia

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2016, 22:05. »
Calm down dear its just a simple question for the lesser mortals like myself who dont understand the world of economics and finance. If you cant answer im sure someone else can also wheres wall street is it near the new market ?
They dont like it up em !

Offline mike and judith

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2016, 01:20. »
Sarcasm lowest form of wit.
These are turbulent times.
Whatever your opinion, the nation voted out.
We will undoubtedly suffer many less than pleasant times in the next several years, but we have to try to rise above it.
Times will change, a lot for the worse, but with perseverance & decent political guidance, we will extricate ourselves & emerge none too worse off.
Bottom line would seem to be:-
If you're a working Brit contributing tax, then welcome.
If you're a pensioner Brit, living on UK income, still welcome, BUT don't expect Spain to pick up your medical bills when you've contributed nothing.
All in all, that seems pretty fair to me (as a tax-payer here & in the UK)

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2016, 08:19. »
I do have to smile - read a few threads on other (spain)  forums people bemoaning the collapse of the exchange rate, saying how their lifestyle as retirees over here has been eroded and their worries about future healthcare here in Spain.

A quick look back reveals that these people were all avid supporters of us leaving the EU - what did they think would happen ?

BeachLife

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2016, 14:32. »
Can i ask you Mike and Judith, does that mean that if you pay tax in Spain, that you will qualify for healthcare  ( i.e., your pension payments mean that you will be paying tax ), or do you actually have to be working and contributing not just tax but also healthcare contributions like here, i think, because i think its your national health contributions that qualify you for health care. If its just tax then anyone who does pay tax there could qualify for health care.
 I know my cousin, who has lived in Spain for a lot of years is concerned that the reciprocal agreement for health care may end. We would happily pay to join the health system if that were necessary after all the talking is done, its always been a dream to spend our later years in the sun.
Hazel

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2016, 14:43. »
As property owners here we pay tax Hazel, we also pay tax on our expenditure, but it does not mean that we can benefit from pensions or healthcare, other than healthcare under the reciprocal agreement