Author Topic: Car rental recommended  (Read 2905 times)

Offline bacardi

Car rental recommended
« on: October 02, 2016, 18:16. »
Hi guys

Arriving on Wednesday 5th October, interested to find reasonable car rental with not too many catches, ref fuel full tank return, deposits etc..

Are we asking too much?  Please any recommendations?

Would prefer pick up in GA as we are being met at the airport by our friends at the airport.

Any help much appreciated.

Thank you
Linda

Offline bacardi

Car rental recommended
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 18:50. »
come on guys help me!
any recommendations please

Linda

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Car rental recommended
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 19:04. »
Check Do You Spain and the likes of Record, Centauro and Gold Car.
I reckon you'll get a far better deal at the airport than you will in GA
Full full isn't a problem, record email the refund details to me within a couple of hours of returning the car.
If you don't want to take out the excess insurance you will have no option other than having a c. €900 charge held against your credit card in case of any damage to the car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 00:58. by John Hannon »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline bacardi

Car rental recommended
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 09:25. »
Hi John
Thanks for the recommendations.  Do you have an estimate how much the excess would be?  And do you think it is possible to arrive and book at the time or will I end up paying more than if I book on line?  Sorry to be sound so dim, but never booked a car for holiday, so just extra stressed!! :-\ :-[

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Car rental recommended
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 09:39. »
Don't arrive and book it will cost a fortune!!
If it's only for a week I'd pay the excess insurance premium to give you peace of mind, it'll add about €6 a day to the bill
A mate arrived on Saturday, got a lovely nearly new Citroen Cactus from Dickmans, he only booked it a week ago, basic price of €72 euros (plus fuel) for 10 days

Regards all

John

PS unless booking direct with the hire company do not pay for any insurance, the hire company won't recognise it

« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 09:41. by John Hannon »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline angieanded

Car rental recommended
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 14:24. »
hi try lara cars on the net they do pick up full on fuel and return full also meet you at the airport
and you return it to airport all insurance inc except tyres loss of keys they will tell you have a look

Offline bacardi

Car rental recommended
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 15:50. »
Thank you everyone, and Mr Hannon, thank you, always can be relied upon to provide good sound advice and great tips for eating out.  :D Hopefully not too late to book online, flying out early hours Tuesday!!

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Car rental recommended
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2016, 18:24. »
We booked online at stansted airport just before we were taking off. Was very last min as was originally gonna walk/bus everywhere but then the weather turned. Got an excellent deal through DoYouSpain with Goldcar

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Chris C

Car rental recommended
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2016, 22:13. »
Recently I've always used goldcar, paid £50 for next 9 days for a fiesta booked about 4 weeks ago. I have my own excess insurance policy and just let them take a swipe of my credit card when I pick car up. I've not had a problem with goldcar and used them for the last 7 or 8 times. Just booked with them again for 3 days in November for £18. Cant go wrong

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Car rental recommended
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2016, 13:04. »
Ive booked for October through DoYouSpain.  Ive cancelled and rebooked twice now with the pay at desk option as the price keeps going down. Will leave it until the day before, check price, and then make payment online as it is a slightly cheaper again option.

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Car rental recommended
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2016, 16:25. »
Interesting piece in an email today from Hire Cars in Spain.

"You may have noticed unlike in previous years where the prices dropped from the end of September through to the middle of October, the prices have increased and some suppliers have no availability! This is in sharp contrast to last year when they were nearly giving cars away. Having spoken to a number of suppliers they think it's mainly because suppliers have sent more cars back and a slight increase in holiday makers and this has lead to the high rates you see online. We always recommend booking as soon as you book your flights for this reason so if you need a car for October, November or the busy Christmas period then make sure you book your car hire today!"
Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Car rental recommended
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2016, 16:31. »
I am looking to book 8 days in November and it's showing cost of 40 euros including the 24 euros refuelling fee they all charge, this is with record and its seems cheap to me!

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Car rental recommended
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2016, 17:11. »
That is cheap. Im paying €122 for 9 days with record.  It is half term so probably why its higher and I have gone with the full/full option

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Car rental recommended
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2016, 17:48. »
Try price by booking direc on record site, I have noticed recently they can be a bit cheaper than the third party sites, they also refund any unused fuel back to your card.

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Car rental recommended
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2016, 15:01. »
My price now gone done to €98

Casa De Valen Med II