Author Topic: Arenales Hotel  (Read 1353 times)

Offline Maricia

Arenales Hotel
« on: September 14, 2016, 20:37. »
The Mayor of Elche has taken the case of Arenales Hotel to Madrid, so the delay rumbles on:

http://www.elmundo.es/comunidad-valenciana/alicante/2016/09/07/57cfcc9a22601d77368b4641.html

BW

Maricia

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
Arenales Hotel
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 20:45. »
I was hoping to Celebrate John Hannons  100th birthday there but it is clearly not going to be ready by 2018

Looks like we need a new venue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Arenales Hotel
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 23:34. »
Hahahahah

We'll have to hold it at the golf course instead Ash

I'll brink you a jug of my "holiday water", its been well looked after ;-)

Kettle will be on next week for about 5 weeks

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Arenales Hotel
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 08:12. »
When I went past a few weeks ago I did notice that (perhaps as expected) the refurbishment has had to turn practically into a total demolition of the building. I think from previous articles that the licence to have a hotel on the beach, would only be possible for a refurbishment, building from scratch would never have got permission.

I guess the old building was riddled with crumbling concrete that it would never be possible to use the shell and they have had to go beyond what was originally planned.
BeachLife

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Arenales Hotel
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 11:40. »
So the "Directorate General of Coasts" would rather the residents of Arenales put up with the eysesore of a crumbling hotel rather than a rebuilt building? On saying that well done to them for sticking to their guns, rules is rules.

It seems to me that the "Directorate General of Coasts" would have done a better job if they had just insisted that the site be levelled to the ground and grassed over, at least then i would have a decent view when having my cup of coffee in the square.

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline mike and judith

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Arenales Hotel
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2016, 18:19. »
When we had a place at El Campello in the 80's, the ley de costa's was all the go.  I remember some time (around 87/88, the then mayor of Elche won huge public acclaim being photographed in the press pushing the detonator & demolishing a half-built skeleton of concrete that was in contravention.
Since then I'm afraid, less gets enforced, & plans to demolish illegal stuff close to the high water mark seem to have gone out of the window