Author Topic: News  (Read 935 times)

Offline mike and judith

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
News
« on: August 02, 2016, 18:42. »
At home for our "escape the heat & crowds, see the family" couple of months.  Still have contact as well as the forum, but missing out on the gossip.
What's happening, if anything?
Any juicy bits?
We'll be back next month, so we'll get up to speed then, but the suspense is killing!!!!!

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
News
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 20:59. »
You need to get back ASAP Mike, the place is being over run by roaches and according to some the area is definitely on the slide.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Barry former GA Advertiser

News
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 22:16. »
A lovely place to live. This is the time to enjoy our beaches and the warmth of the med. Our favourite time.

Offline mike and judith

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
News
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 09:19. »
I'll cope thanks, John.  Everyone's individual, but we think we've got it right.
That said, our routine is a compromise.  Not joined at the hip, but we seem to have a happy life, & GA is a major part of that.
Think any deterioration, & even increase in cockroaches can be attributed in some part, to individual humans.  (Rubbish left out of bins etc.)
As far as infrastructure goes, there's still a big hole in the economy, & we can't expect too much unless we pay for it ourselves.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
News
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 09:30. »
100% with you Mike.
As you, we love our time at our home in GA, spending time with friends and exploring the area.
We also love our home on The Yorkshire Coast and can think of no better place to spend the summer
As for the roaches, Cucal is my friend, never had a problem.
Enjoy The Olympics

Regards all

John

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
News
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 19:55. »
My daughter and her boyfriend have a cockroach. There's no food in their apartment as they eat at mine.  They've named him Chris!!

Casa De Valen Med II