Author Topic: EU Exit  (Read 18252 times)

Offline bertdove

• Galactic Member
EU Exit
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2016, 18:22. »
God help us!

Bert

Offline elriscal

EU Exit
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2016, 19:26. »
why? Everything is going perfect ...
just have a look at boris ...

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
EU Exit
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2016, 19:38. »
Looks like a clown as usual can't we leave him hanging there !!!

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
EU Exit
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2016, 21:14. »
Great story John, reminds me of when Angela Merkel went to Belgium and was stopped at the border. The guard asked, 'Nationality?' - She replied 'German', Then He asked, Occupation - She replied 'No, just a holiday'.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
EU Exit
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2016, 22:48. »
Cheers Blue and white stripes.

Here's an interesting video, worth four minutes of your time.

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
EU Exit
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2016, 00:29. »
Its quite odd  that some  just dont understand how democracy works, the people with the most votes get to do it there way even if you dont agree. So get used to it were leaving.
They dont like it up em !

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
EU Exit
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2016, 01:02. »
Spot on Victor, they're not replaying the premiership cos folk didn't think Leicester would win

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
EU Exit
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2016, 09:25. »
John - you know my views on this but the stuff that's coming out now:  Boris saying let's not be hasty, promises of repatriation of EU money into NHS and schools now being denied and now the immigration "policy" being revealed to be a load of tosh (See the Evan Davis interview) the foundation of the "leave" campaign has been found to be without substance. As you say, can't change it now, but it's clear to me the Leave campaign was "busking" the whole way through 

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

BeachLife

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
EU Exit
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2016, 09:43. »
Morning Rich, I can't disagree with what you are saying
I will say that Project Fear also said some pretty stupid things about the prospects for a post EU GB.

We should all know that electioneering and reality are poles apart.

Regards all

John

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
EU Exit
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2016, 13:53. »
To be honest irrespective of all the debates that took place the majority of people understood enough to make there own minds up, i thinķ that few people were swayed in their decision either sides arguments none of which stood up to scrutiny or based on proven fact.
Apparently Richard Branson isnt happy with the outcome, maybe he will leave the uk and take his billions with him to a tax haven, oops silly me he did that 20 years ago talk about hypocrite.
They dont like it up em !

Offline elriscal

EU Exit
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2016, 14:21. »
all the rage at the moment in youtube according to some newspapers  ...

Offline David D

• Supreme Member
EU Exit
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2016, 15:12. »
I've got no complaints about somebody like Richard Branson who has worked hard for his money doing whatever he wishes with it.I just hope that now we have voted to leave the EU the so called jobs that will be available in the Uk that people who have never done a days work in there lives will be forced to do so.
Otherwise we will have to bring in workers from other countries once again.
Dave

Offline Barry former GA Advertiser

EU Exit
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2016, 17:53. »
Yes. Bernard Matthews turkey place in Norfolk cannot get locals to get off the dole to do the work. They fly people in from abroad, provide accommodation and train them. Makes your blood boil.

Offline mikehoward

EU Exit
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2016, 18:30. »
I’m not an economist but would imagine that any Brits thinking of retiring will postpone any decision until more is known. Therefore, less demand for houses and prices will drop, so probably not a good time to be thinking of selling in the short term.
Mike

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
EU Exit
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2016, 19:09. »
When is a good time Mike?
All the sales on our community in the last year have been to buyers from within the Eurozone.
The much predicted, but yet to be seen big drop in the value of sterling v the euro might be the ideal time for some to sell at a discounted price if they wish to head back to the uk.
Hope you're both enjoying your long stay

Regards all

John