Author Topic: EU Exit  (Read 18246 times)

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
EU Exit
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2016, 00:23. »
Wish there was a like button

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Phillip

• Supreme Member
  • De cuerdo y loco todos tenemos un poco.
EU Exit
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2016, 03:03. »
Brilliant  John  :)
"...it was all over by tea time"
Hope your right.....
Phillip

Offline Mark Etheridge

EU Exit
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2016, 07:27. »
At last we can get back to traditional British values. Get rid of the abomination that is decimal currency and return to good old Pounds, Shillings and Pence. I want my spuds in pounds and ounces, and my milk in pint bottles. I will also be able to wield my 5/13" Whitworth spanner again. I can work out what my car is doing in terms of miles per gallon.

Best of all, when we have a British Passport again, we can get the guvmint to send a gunboat to any country where you have just been arrested for speeding. Hooray!

Offline Chris C

EU Exit
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2016, 09:06. »
A Prime Minister resigned. The £ plummeted. The FTSE 100 lost significant ground. But then the £ rallied past February levels, and the FTSE closed on a weekly high: 2.4% up on last Friday, its best performance in 4 months. President Obama decided we wouldn't be at the 'back of the queue' after all and that our 'special relationship' was still strong. The French President confirmed the Le Touquet agreement would stay in place. The President of the European Commission stated Brexit negations would be 'orderly' and stressed the UK would continue to be a 'close partner' of the EU. A big bank denied reports it would shift 2,000 staff overseas. The CBI, vehemently anti-Brexit during the referendum campaign, stated British business was resilient and would adapt. Several countries outside the EU stated they wished to begin bi-lateral trade talks with the UK immediately. If this was the predicted apocalypse, well, it was a very British one. It was all over by teatime. Not a bad first day of freedom, and it was lovely this evening on our little beach up here in Yorkshire

And myself and 16 million other UK residents have just been stripped of our EU citizenship against our will overnight. A good prime minister has just resigned (quite rightly) and there's turmoil in Scotland again. I can't help but feel incredibly sad.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
EU Exit
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2016, 09:24. »
I voted with a heavy heart Chris

I don't have a problem with immigration
I knew Gove and Co were telling lies about money for the NHS

I voted against a European state.
I voted against a European gravy train wasting millions a year
I voted against an organisation that lets China dump below cost steel on us at the expense of our workers jobs and our own steel industry
I voted against a bureaucracy that can't agree itself on how to deal with a mass migration influx
I voted against a bureaucracy that supports a doomed currency that has already spelt heartbreak and poverty for a lot of Southern Europe
The list could go on.

The decision has been made
It's now time to move on

Regards all

John

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Colleen

EU Exit
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2016, 10:03. »
Well said John, I totally agree with you.

Offline Stan

EU Exit
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2016, 10:04. »
And myself and 16 million other UK residents have just been stripped of our EU citizenship against our will overnight. A good prime minister has just resigned (quite rightly) and there's turmoil in Scotland again. I can't help but feel incredibly sad.
It's called democracy, a concept being denied a few million other Europeans, get used to it!

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
EU Exit
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2016, 10:33. »
I think its a relief that we can at least vote to get rid of government we don't like every five years where we never would be able to do with the EU fat cats there is always going to be co lateral damage i.e loss of rights to expats but they chose to live abroad and accept the risks , I voted to Exit but was surprised of the level of support for it. We aren't going to be the only exiteers , going to be interesting.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Offline mike and judith

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
EU Exit
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2016, 11:41. »
Is my library card still going to be valid?

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
EU Exit
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2016, 12:22. »
Your card will still be valid but all the English books will be thrown out of the library (immediately not in two years time)

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
EU Exit
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2016, 12:47. »
Well, we've just been doing the weekends shopping in Morrisons and the cashier said to the Polish couple in front of us "do you want help with your packing"
I thought she's a bit eager!!

Regards all

John

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
EU Exit
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2016, 15:02. »
Well, we've just been doing the weekends shopping in Morrisons and the cashier said to the Polish couple in front of us "do you want help with your packing"
I thought she's a bit eager!!

Regards all

John

Dobra Dobra.

Online mushte

• Supreme Member
EU Exit
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2016, 16:34. »
Nice one John 
  Mushte

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
EU Exit
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2016, 18:08. »
There is a new word now for all the leave voters who realise that they done - "Bregret"

You'll hear that again !!!

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

BeachLife

Offline David D

• Supreme Member
EU Exit
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2016, 18:12. »

Dave