Author Topic: Blue monkey bar  (Read 7728 times)

Offline Peter D

Blue monkey bar
« on: June 12, 2016, 18:58. »
Is the Blue Monkey bar set up on the beach yet please?

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Blue monkey bar
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 19:04. »
It wasn't on Wednesday when I was on the beach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Blue monkey bar
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 19:25. »
My info is its not coming this year due to licensing costs. A really sensible move by the local council (along with making the beach 20% narrower)

First time in my 10 years in GA there has been no beach bar down there

Rich
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
BeachLife

Offline Peter D

Blue monkey bar
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 19:29. »
Thanks Rich

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Blue monkey bar
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 18:24. »
There is also no beach bar at La Marina beach which I think the same family as ran blue monkey ran. There are also no sun loungers on either beach, except for further along on Carabassi

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Blue monkey bar
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 18:36. »
My info is its not coming this year due to licensing costs. A really sensible move by the local council (along with making the beach 20% narrower)

First time in my 10 years in GA there has been no beach bar down there

Rich
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Totally agree with you on this one, I feel sorry for people who have to carry all their drinks and sun beds down to the ever dwindling beach, because there's no bar and not enough pay sunbeds.
The ones that are there are oversubscribed already, and it's only June.
People will just go elsewhere with their money effecting the local economy, the place will turn turtle!!.

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Blue monkey bar
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 10:48. »
We and lots of others are now going to santa pola or urban ova beaches if we want a sun lounger or taking our chairs down to arenales where the walk is not so long in the heat.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Blue monkey bar
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2016, 13:15. »
Urban Nova is best for us - if you are not there in the August silly season you can get pretty close to the beach - you dont need beach bars per-se as the promenade is well equipped with low to medium high end bars and eating establishments and the beach is rarely too crowded.

One point to watch if you have little ones or are not a strong swimmer yourself there can be a very strong rip current not far off the beach - I have experienced it myself and you need ready for it ..
BeachLife

Offline Gordon Davies

Blue monkey bar
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2016, 21:04. »
We were down on the beach today and thought it looked a bit messy as people bringing there own cups and things and either leaving them on the beach or they are being blown out of the bins. I did see plenty of paper napkins being blown all over the place.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Blue monkey bar
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2016, 10:32. »
Just a follow up to this - the plan for beach use this year is a disaster down there. The "Life Beach" does not have half the beds it did last year and I was chatting to one of the workers who said their is a "cap" on the number that they can put out. Another little "rule" they have is that if you want a drink at the bar you MUST sit under the Pergola you cant put your seat on the sand (in the sun) - pathetic !

If you like to use a bed get there very early as on a working weekday in June there are none left at 11:30 - No chance at the weekend. The restricted width enforced by the bizarre "planting" has ruined the available space - I cant imagine what its going to be like in August. So short sighted of the local councils - what are they trying to do ruin the place instead of encouraging trade ?
BeachLife

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Blue monkey bar
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2016, 10:50. »
It is a shame about the Blue Monkey. We have friends coming for their 1st time this year.  I was looking forward to showing them our local beach but am not now. Also they dont have a car. We will be able to go to Urbanova and Santa Pola so not overly bothered for myself but they wont

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Blue monkey bar
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2016, 11:03. »
I must be the odd one out!!
We take our own beds and brolly down on our little trolley from the Chinese bazaar  and a few drinks and some fruit in the ice box.
Our friends do the same as well.
When the lads come round trying to sell something and I say to them "no tengo dinero" it's quite true!!

Regards all

John

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Blue monkey bar
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2016, 14:06. »
We do the same John but always have a little cheeky cold one at the bar listen to a bit of music and people watch

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Blue monkey bar
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2016, 15:11. »
I must be the odd one out!!
We take our own beds and brolly down on our little trolley from the Chinese bazaar  and a few drinks and some fruit in the ice box.
Our friends do the same as well.
When the lads come round trying to sell something and I say to them "no tengo dinero" it's quite true!!

Regards all

John

Some people just want to turn up at the beach and pay for a sunbed and stuff from the bar, they will be disappointed and go to Benidorm next year, effecting the local economy next year. Unless you like turtles.

Offline mike and judith

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Blue monkey bar
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2016, 19:59. »
The Cafe Paris on Playa Lisa has sunbeds, but not as many as previous years.
I collected my wife from there after golf on Friday, & she showed me 4 beds outside stacked & taped together to prevent use by the Policia Local.
Shouldn't they have better things to do?