Author Topic: The Electricity Man Cometh  (Read 2515 times)

Offline Dougal

The Electricity Man Cometh
« on: May 25, 2016, 17:26. »
Whilst outside our apartment today a man came to the gate and asked me to confirm my name. I asked him why and he said he was from Iberdrola and as I was a long standing customer he was giving a discount of 12% for a year. To cut a long story short he wanted me to sign a contract in Spanish and would post me the details in English. I told him to send me the details and if I thought it acceptable I would sign up. He told me I had to accept  and sign then and there. Told him that was unacceptable. He took the form he was filling in and tore it up. He said the offer was withdrawn and stormed off. I will leave you to draw your own conclusions.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 20:04. »
Look back at one of my posts on this. It is legitimate (as in it is Iberdrola) and you do get 10% discount on your Electric consumption. However the standing charge for supply goes up and the charge you for some sort of breakdown cover. Might be worth it if you are full time and use plenty of units - but for me it was a very bad decision. I'm getting out of it when my 12 months (minimum) is up

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

BeachLife

Offline Dougal

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 20:31. »
Thanks for the info. The changes and extra costs involved would probably be more for us than the savings offered as we only visit for a limited time each year. No wonder he wasn't pleased and wouldn't give detailed information. Your probable intention not to renew backs this up.

Offline SueB

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 18:46. »
We signed up for this discounted offer about two years ago but when we got our first bill we realised that it would cost us more because we only come out a couple of times a year and this offer only benefits anyone who lives there or spends a lot of time in Spain.  We went to the Iberdrola office in Santa Pola and they immediately put us back on our original package.

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 14:10. »
He was on our urb yesterday; he doorstepped me at the garden gate and had all my details on his clipboard.

After he had offered me the 12.5% discount I asked him why would Iberdrola offer me a discount that I didn't know existed when they could carry on charging me on my existing rate his English went sour and he crossed me off his list with some venom.

Another win for the Forum

Dave

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 11:15. »
Francisco (for it is he) must have forgotten our last encounter because he came back this morning - the discount is now 12.5%. When I declined the offer he just shrugged his shoulders and left.
Dave

Offline mike and judith

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2016, 00:37. »
Haven't been with Iberdrola for 5 years now, & have never regretted leaving.
Thy do seem to employ people, presumably on commission, to offer contracts that don't actually give any benefit other than a higher return for Iberdrola themselves

Offline Teamkruuse

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2016, 08:18. »
Hi Mark

You have left Iberdrola?
Who are you with now?
How did you do it

Teamkruuse  :)

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2016, 12:00. »
He came to ours too on Altomar 2, and we declined, having read previous posts about this but also i wouldnt want to sign up at the door like that without receiving any info from the company or looking into it online, he told us that the electricity would be goingup next month as a parting shot! As word gets around his job must be getting harder!