Author Topic: brexit  (Read 13916 times)

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
brexit
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2016, 14:16. »
Indeed but they soon will be. If not them then defo their children :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
brexit
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2016, 15:10. »
Please remember this is GAsbags, a forum to chat about GA and surrounding areas.
No problems in debating Brexit and how it might influence us here in Spain, but this isn't the place to debate UK /EU immigration policies .

Thanks

John

« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 15:12. by John Hannon »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
brexit
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2016, 15:29. »
Point taken and noted John although for me because of the way I now feel about the England it is not just the weather that makes me look to spending a lot of my time in Spain when I retire.  So there is some GA relevance in there

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Dougal

brexit
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2016, 14:02. »
I don't think the final result will have much difference as to who we end up with in No.10; only the timescale. Cameron has stated he will be leaving anyway so the same contestants will be fighting for the post. I agree with the comment in an earlier posting that governments and party leaders can be changed. Remaining locked in the EU with all the possible future problems will not be so.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
brexit
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2016, 19:09. »
A couple of days to go now how do you think it will turnout I'm starting to think we may be staying in !! But I think it will go down to the wire

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
brexit
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2016, 20:28. »
Well the markets, both stocks and currency are indicating that we will be staying in
Fingers crossed they've got it right

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
brexit
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2016, 21:04. »
1.30 on XE which is good.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
brexit
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2016, 12:39. »
I sat down with a sheet of paper this morning to collect my thoughts on how I should vote
I voted out with a heavy heart.
As much as I love the idea of the EU I think the bureaucrats in Brussels have an agenda to rule Europe, something I can't agree with.
A great idea gone sadly wrong

Regards all

John

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
brexit
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2016, 12:59. »
A friend of mine just went to vote (not in my area) but he went to use his own pen and the guy there was most insistent he use a pencil.  He said everyone had to use pencil???  Very odd.  He pressed down hard obviously

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
brexit
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2016, 13:02. »
I have never seen so many people going to vote, looks like it will be one hell of a turnout

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
brexit
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2016, 15:19. »
With all these European countries lighting up various buildings with Union Jacks showing their support for Remain. Jeez if we do get the Out vote it will be an outstanding achievement by the british public (in my opinion).

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Stuart159

brexit
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2016, 16:32. »
If we leave, will I be able to send the kids to work down the mine or cleaning chimneys? Will save me a fortune if they can earn their keep.

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
brexit
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2016, 16:36. »
Well they might have to. They certainly wont be able to get a job in Costas or Starbucks and the like when they reach college age and are looking for part time work.  Trust me I know!!!

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
brexit
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2016, 18:50. »
A friend of mine just went to vote (not in my area) but he went to use his own pen and the guy there was most insistent he use a pencil.  He said everyone had to use pencil???  Very odd.  He pressed down hard obviously

Friends of mine said they took their own pens to use as there's a fear of erasures.

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
brexit
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2016, 19:37. »
Isn't a pencil the normal means of voting? I remember that there was always one in the booth, attached to a bit of string!