Author Topic: Arenalas Hotel  (Read 2522 times)

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Arenalas Hotel
« on: May 15, 2016, 08:13. »
I took a look this am on my morning walk...........I was surprised to see so much of the old structure...........it does look like more of a reform than a new build.

Glorious sun rise

Regards all

John
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 08:41. by John Hannon »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Arenalas Hotel
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 08:15. »
Guests who walk up early will have a magic view
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Arenalas Hotel
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 10:23. »
I'm surprised as well at so much of the old building "fabric"  being used - I'm sure the structural engineer knows what hes doing !
BeachLife

Offline mike and judith

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Arenalas Hotel
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 09:15. »
Apparently there's a graffiti piece inside attributed, no less, to Picasso.  Not a fan personally, but must be quite a feature if true.

Offline mikehoward

Arenalas Hotel
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 10:23. »
Just seen in the Courier that the hotel planning permission was for renovation whereas it's being demolished. They have been instructed to stop work but apparently are continuing whilst legal arguments take place. Could be an eye sore again?

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
Arenalas Hotel
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 10:59. »
I dont understand how they can say its being demolished when we were last out they seemed to have taken down exterior walls, presumably to replace with a strengthened more secure version but the structure itself was still up. Looks like it is in the recent pics too.
I wish they would stop arguing amongst themselves and let Arenales and the surrounding areas have a good looking, safe, economically viable hotel instead of a dangerous, crumbling, money eating eyesore.  Maybe they should just fine them and let them crack on.
Hazel

Offline Gordon Davies

Arenalas Hotel
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2016, 17:53. »
Hi what is the latest with this hotel please

Offline Maricia

Arenalas Hotel
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2016, 18:22. »
According to local media reports the Elche Mayor is fighting for the work to continue and the hotel group were fined 80,000 Euros. The latest update is ongoing....................
BW
Maricia

Offline Maricia

Arenalas Hotel
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2016, 18:25. »

Offline Maricia

Arenalas Hotel
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2016, 16:06. »
At a meeting in Madrid with the Mayor of Elche to discuss the Arenales Hotel the outcome was....................A decision will be made in two months:

http://www.diarioinformacion.com/elche/2016/11/09/alonso-dice-desbloqueo-hotel-arenales/1826127.html

BW

Maricia