Author Topic: Best English Breakfast  (Read 9496 times)

Offline dleafy

• Supreme Member
Best English Breakfast
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2016, 21:31. »
Looked through the Grand Alacant magazine and there are lots of places that do breakfast.
Mind....They don't like opening early!!!

Offline Maricia

Best English Breakfast
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2016, 21:36. »
Just desserts then became Not just desserts then became Zest who i believe still do english breakfast, they were voted best brrekkie in GA for many years. Is clock and bottle the next door to the Sandcastle restaurant
Can't see them winning again without staff that can cook as heard all of the qualified cooks were finished up when Not Just Desserts closed.
BW
Maricia

Offline ian-steele

• Supreme Member
Best English Breakfast
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2016, 21:49. »
5 mins walk from your place is the beat breakfast @ zest 4.95 euro served from 10am till 1pm (used to be just deserts)
people who live in glass houses should undress in the dark !

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Best English Breakfast
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2016, 09:29. »

Just desserts then became Not just desserts then became Zest who i believe still do english breakfast, they were voted best brrekkie in GA for many years. Is clock and bottle the next door to the Sandcastle restaurant
Can't see them winning again without staff that can cook as heard all of the qualified cooks were finished up when Not Just Desserts closed.
BW
Maricia

The judge must be a big un!

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Best English Breakfast
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2016, 17:48. »
Looked through the Grand Alacant magazine and there are lots of places that do breakfast.
Mind....They don't like opening early!!!

I suppose it depends on what you mean by early, to be fair most people on holiday are probably not looking much before 9 for brekkies especially if they have had a good night out beforehand so places that open at 9.30 or 10.00 will get custom ok, however I think La Piedra are on the go from 8.00 if you want an earlier than most start for any reason. Always remember that Spain is geared a bit differently as regards meal times.
Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline dleafy

• Supreme Member
Best English Breakfast
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2016, 21:06. »
I'm just used to breakfast places being open from around 7.00am.
It's not a big problem though  :P

Offline Linda Berry

Best English Breakfast
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2016, 21:41. »
Lee and Brett were owners of Just Desserts and now run Zest. Lee and Steve and Pam are still cooking the same great breakfasts they cooked at Not Just Desserts! Food still the same as before. Excellent!

Offline dleafy

• Supreme Member
Best English Breakfast
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2016, 23:17. »
What's the prices at Zest?

Offline ian-steele

• Supreme Member
Best English Breakfast
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2016, 11:57. »
4.95 euro for full english breakfast
people who live in glass houses should undress in the dark !

Offline Maricia

Best English Breakfast
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2016, 12:33. »
Lee and Brett were owners of Just Desserts and now run Zest. Lee and Steve and Pam are still cooking the same great breakfasts they cooked at Not Just Desserts! Food still the same as before. Excellent!

I know who is working there but was told by a former employee that none of the staff having a catering qualification. I can sew a few items but I don't confess to be a fashion designer.
BW
Maricia

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Best English Breakfast
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2016, 17:12. »

I know who is working there but was told by a former employee that none of the staff having a catering qualification. I can sew a few items but I don't confess to be a fashion designer.
BW
Maricia
I can knock out a tasty breakfast myself and never went anywhere near a college,

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Best English Breakfast
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2016, 21:36. »
I cant imagine that any eatery or restaurant in GA has a catering qualification , does it really matter as long as they turn out decent food.
They dont like it up em !

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Best English Breakfast
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2016, 09:38. »
I have very fine criteria for English Breakfasts in foreign countries, I won't list all my requirements but obviously among them are:

1) Availability immediately upon landing, preferably in the airport itself (if before 4pm obviously)
2) Maximum price must be below €2.83 (adjusted for inflation, and also taking into account a yawningly long diatribe about exchange rates, which could affect the price by up to 0.3 pennies)
3) Establishment must have traded under the same name for more than three months (sadly ruling out anywhere in Gran Alacant)
4) Of course the chef must have either one Michelin star, or minimum a catering certificate he can show me before I dine.
5) Ability to swap a fried tomato for another sausage is a advantage

Offline dleafy

• Supreme Member
Best English Breakfast
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2016, 16:54. »
€4.95 for a full English...just round the corner.
Zest will do for me!
BTW, I'll be buying some bread (butter) and bacon or sausage whilst there for the other days. Where's best to buy that from?

Cheers

Davy !!!

Offline Up the iron

Best English Breakfast
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2016, 17:10. »
Gaveteran, with regards to #5. You could substitute sausage for black pudding if your from up north.

dleafy, with regards to your last question, a supermarket.