Author Topic: Newbies  (Read 3360 times)

Offline kh511

Newbies
« on: March 30, 2016, 12:59. »
Hello Everyone,

On the 22nd may myself, husband and family will be making the exciting move to our house in gran alacant. we are coming out in april to croos t and dot i's so to speak,but just a few question if anyone can answer would be great.

1. how do you register at the schools
2. where is the nearest doctors and dentists and how do you register
3. best health insurance
4. nearest police station
5. which is the best place to hire a car
6. how easy is it to buy a car and is it similar to the uk with road tax, mot (which i know is an itv) and insurance

thank you

much appreciated

katie

Offline cathk7@hotmail.com

Newbies
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 14:28. »
Hi nearest doctors is at medical centre near library facing BBVA Bank,that is national health doctors. Private doctors is at Santara resort complex .used to be Santa pola life resort.it faces DonPueblo URB.they have a dentist in there as well plenty of dentist on GA.To buy a car you need nie,padron which you can get from council office in medical centre(,NHS).webought from a garage they did all the paperwork.cannot help with school registration no kids good luck in your new life ,I love living here.

Offline kh511

Newbies
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 15:05. »
Thank your the reply when you say NHS is that the same as England NHS or do you have to pay

Thanks

Katie

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Newbies
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 15:25. »
The best investment I made was a copy of You and the law in Spain by David Searl, I believe that you can now download it to an e reader.
It will tell you all you need to know
Best wishes for your move

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
Newbies
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 16:17. »
Thank your the reply when you say NHS is that the same as England NHS or do you have to pay

Thanks

Katie

If you are working and paying into the Spanish system then it is free!

Offline kh511

Newbies
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 16:23. »
my other half is painter and decorator closing his business here and setting up in gran alacant as we have a few builder contacts out there :)

Offline Keith and Jen

Newbies
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 08:55. »
I agree with John Hannon about "You and the law in Spain" by David Searl.  It will give you a good idea about all the rigmarole of the Spanish system.  We saved much more than the cost of the book.  Get the most up-to-date version as it is re-issued regularly to reflect changes in regulations.

Keith
Experience is what you get just after you need it.

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Newbies
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 15:00. »
I also agree buy this book which gives a great insight into whats what in spain, one word of caution whilst there are numerous genuine people in GA willing to help there are also people who will steer you towards there mate who just happens to be the best tradesperson in GA forever.
They dont like it up em !

Offline Barry former GA Advertiser

Newbies
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2016, 18:02. »
Would suggest not believing all you read in a book.
Lived here 13 years and it is surprising how often things change.
We are always reluctant to tell newbies how we did things, because by now they will be different.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Newbies
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2016, 18:06. »
Would suggest not believing all you read in a book.
Lived here 13 years and it is surprising how often things change.
We are always reluctant to tell newbies how we did things, because by now they will be different.
Hence Keith and Jen saying buy the latest version!!
As others have said, this book which must by now be in its 20th year should be the first thing you buy

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline kh511

Newbies
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2016, 18:02. »
Thanks everyone, been so helpful we are flying out this saturday to check the house over and see if we can get the amentites set up etc before we move out in may :)

Offline Stan

Newbies
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2016, 18:28. »
You might manage to sort out your utilities.........amenities will take a while longer. ;) ;)