Author Topic: Altomar 2 AGM - Pool Area A  (Read 3245 times)

Offline Chris C

Altomar 2 AGM - Pool Area A
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2017, 20:09. »
Excellent news, I also sent my proxy vote with instructions to vote against this. For those who are familiar with it - the lawned area around that pool is so well kept and great to throw a towel out and relax on it is unsuitable to do anything with it

Offline Chris C

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2017, 20:11. »
If it was my urb i would be keen to find out who proposed this latest idea, also bear in mind that they may come back for another go but with more support.

Fair point, I wondered. How would you find out though? Maybe an idea to put forward for next AGM a proposal to protect the area from any changes....

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2017, 11:36. »
The vice president had proxy votes but to my surprise most of the votes he held up were votes for!!
listening to people I had expected more proxy from him against the vote, but it was rejected anyway!! Thank goodness, it would have turned a peaceful area into non stop bouncing ball sounds. Hazel.

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2017, 14:20. »
The vice president had proxy votes but to my surprise most of the votes he held up were votes for!!
listening to people I had expected more proxy from him against the vote, but it was rejected anyway!! Thank goodness, it would have turned a peaceful area into non stop bouncing ball sounds. Hazel.
That is very interesting, my specific instruction was to vote against it. I wonder if that was ignored and the proxy was just used to vote as he wanted! I would not be happy if that was the case, do you know the numbers involved Hazel?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline denandrose

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2017, 18:26. »
Same here we wanted our proxy vote against this, we also e-mailed Gestifinc with our objections, as you say Micheal, we need to know how many votes he cast for and how many against, or as you say did he just vote for his choice.

Offline bertdove

• Galactic Member
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2017, 21:46. »
Being of a suspicious nature, I only give my urb president my proxy for things I know he supports!

Bert

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2017, 11:03. »
Afficianado and Denandrose, i would have thought he would only be able to use the votes for people's instructions on how they wanted their vote cast but i will ltry and find out. In future if I go to a meeting, this was my first, i will offer to take proxys on anything i feel strongly about but for my own conscience (and not being in any position of power where both sides need to be considered) i would only take proxys voting tne same way as i felt.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2017, 11:29. »
We receive an agenda for our meetings with accompanying notes and a voting form
A vote can not take place on anything that's not on the agenda.
I always complete and return the voting form, my name is shown on the minutes not attending but voting on line.
The only downside to this is that I have no say in the voting in of a new president and management board as until the meeting you don't know who is standing, in saying that the current president who does a great job has held the role for five years and wishes to continue

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 11:31. by John Hannon »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2017, 15:47. »
That's a bit better than our system appears to be, John, and much more in line with other types of remote voting I have been involved with over the years. There are of course two types of proxy, a General proxy which in essence gives your proxy the right to use your vote as he/she sees fit and a Specific proxy wherein your proxy votes according to your instructions. The document issued by our administrators is very much of the General proxy type which is why, when responding to the email, I gave explicit instructions to vote against resolution 10. That should have been acted upon, which is what I am now trying to confirm. In the end, the only real way to be sure of getting your opinion counted is to turn up at the AGM but the date of ours just does not work for me at this time.
Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline thecanaries

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2017, 18:40. »
We also sent our proxy vote with an objection to item 10. In future sunseekers we would be happy to pass our proxy vote on to you, should you be attending a meeting and if we are in the same mind

Offline Chris C

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2017, 20:57. »
I would also do likewise as unlikely to be out in late July. Could do with a Facebook group for Altomar 2 owners