Author Topic: Hot hot hot  (Read 543 times)

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
Hot hot hot
« on: July 13, 2023, 16:35. »
Hi
I due soon and keep hearing of a heatwave over spain, can anyone confirm this and are there any mozzies about,

Thanks

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Hot hot hot
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2023, 17:11. »
I think the mozzies are mainly now fried, along with the rest of us. There was certainly a "plague" of them last month. The worst I have ever seen after badly timed rain and the usual terrible efforts from the council... they must have won the election by then, so their recent efforts had abated. They drove the little truck around and took some photos for Facebook. I think they covered about 0.00001% of the area they would need to in order to achieve anything at all, but they got some good pictures.

Then this heat wave hit, almost out of nowhere. The sort of one that everyone says is the worst ever, but it's likely just the same as last year, and every year. Hot, humid, revolting, and with any luck, over by late August.

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Hot hot hot
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2023, 03:25. »
How are people coping with the heat in GA at the moment ? We came home to the UK on the 5th July and were glad to leave as the temperature was too much, are temperatures significantly higher now than a month ago ?

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Hot hot hot
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2023, 17:33. »
It’s still very hot and a bit humid but certainly bearable.