Author Topic: Air conditioning service  (Read 442 times)

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Air conditioning service
« on: June 20, 2023, 07:40. »
We need our air con units serviced and have previously used a Climazone but can’t seem to locate them anymore, has anyone used them recently or can suggest an alternative company they can recommend. Many thanks

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
Air conditioning service
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2023, 10:15. »
James 0034607337104

The number we have for Climazone, we called them back in March. Never used them as gave us an expensive prices and told us they were very busy.

We used a company called Aircon Spain for the new aircon units. Can’t fault them.
Aircon Spain  0034676032920

« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 10:17. by Sookie »

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Air conditioning service
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2023, 16:36. »
Call me crazy, but I've never understood what an A/C "service" is? Mine have both worked fine for twenty years, and I've never touched them. What do they do when they "service" them?

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
Air conditioning service
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2023, 18:05. »
It’s where the engineers come in and pray to them that there’s nothing wrong, then pray you give them the money, then pray you don’t call them again.

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Air conditioning service
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2023, 19:59. »
hahaha! That's about right! I had a quick look online for a list and it said things like "inspect the fans and motor for visible damage". Useful stuff!

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Air conditioning service
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2023, 06:08. »
I often remove the dust filter on the inside unit and vacuum it, it's easily accessible, in April I took the covers off the external unit expecting the heat exchanger to be full of dust and was surprised to find it completely  clean, it's working  fine.

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Air conditioning service
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2023, 08:25. »
Whilst I said service my units I probably meant find out why they’re not working as good as they once did, I think the problem is self inflicted in that especially during covid there were big gaps in them being used, so drains were blocked etc, so I’ve cleaned filters and drip tray drains but one unit is icing up during the night then starts clacking so is turned off and another the auto moving vain on front is stuck pointing down. So a recommendation of a local person who could come and have a look would be appreciated.

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
Air conditioning service
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2023, 08:52. »
Wilson I’m positive the company we used are based in La a marina. We have seen their van around the GA area a few times.

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Air conditioning service
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2023, 12:17. »
Super Thankyou very much I’ve messaged them so hopefully they can assist.

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Air conditioning service
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2023, 13:55. »
Is Erik Stein still around. The last time he repaired mine he'd had an accident that had stopped him doing installs, (couldn't lift the weight of a unit) but he was still doing repairs.
I'd recommend him above anyone else.
627 223 063.

Worth a call.

Dave

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Air conditioning service
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2023, 14:28. »
If all else fails ask in Euronics, I bought units from there and they have an installer / repairer that they use.