Author Topic: ID Card  (Read 550 times)

Offline Bumpkinblue

ID Card
« on: June 14, 2023, 18:31. »
Received a message from Sabadell bank saying i don't appear to have an up to date ID card.Although i have an account with them,i don't live in Spain and don't actually know what they are talking about - is this something to worry my pretty head about as i don't know anything about any sort of updated ID card or is this some sort of computer generated message sent to everone?

Offline AnnD

ID Card
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2023, 19:26. »
I had something similar a few months back. Rather than an ID card it is really referring to your passport details held with them. They had my old passport details, which had expired, and probably flags up on their systems. I had to take my renewed passport into the Sabadel office the next time I was in GA.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
ID Card
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2023, 13:27. »
Had the same with BBVA a couple of years ago (passports expired) following threats of not paying my direct debits I went up to the bank in GA who said they couldnt do anything as my account was initially registered in the Torreveija branch. (pretty pathetic because all they had to do was scan a copy and send it over)

Went to Torre - joined the inevitable long queue and waited, apparently I should have made an appointment for this job as its so complex (it took less than 5 mins)

And for a final good measure of Spanish banking the smug banker then told me the charge for this task was €30 (each) and should he just debit it out of my account?

I then went for a strong drink to calm myself down
BeachLife

Offline Bumpkinblue

ID Card
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2023, 00:40. »
I've checked passport,well in date - I was hoping to avoid a visit to the bank (sob) but many thanks for the replies,much appreciated.

Offline Bumpkinblue

ID Card
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2023, 10:33. »
Have popped into the bank clutching my passport about this- turns out they need my National Insurance Number (of course)and i have to make an appointment (of course) rather than just going in and telling them - i won't be hurrying back....