Author Topic: Passport Check  (Read 476 times)

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Passport Check
« on: May 18, 2023, 11:30. »
Landed yesterday 12.30 at ALC and was surprised to find that we were directed straight through a couple of the automatic booths which were locked in the open position to have our passports stamped by the officers ie no electronic checks done on arriving in Spain. This didn't happen a month ago.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Passport Check
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2023, 21:13. »
Happened to me last Tuesday exactly the same . However on the way back we were on c33 gate this side of passport barriers and the passport inspector was being ridiculous checking the outgoing passengers . One couple who were residents spent 10 mins trying to explain why their brand new uk passports had no entry stamp , they told him three times they were residents , and the old passports were finished  . In the end the penny dropped and he realised they were residents…At my turn he was looking at all my exit and entry stamps about 18 sets now and trying to work out in his head my 90/180 in the end he gave up and just stamped it so hard he nearly went through the desk . I don’t think the little scanner thing was working .
Never had such a slow queue to board over 1 1/4 hrs it started very early and we eventually left 35 mins late

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Passport Check
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2023, 09:49. »
Passports should be getting stamped at entry & exit in every EU country as part of Brexit as non resident doesn’t overstay limits

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Passport Check
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2023, 11:11. »
There is lots of inaccurate information being pedalled about entry requirements into and out of the EU on various book of faces groups, irrespective of any stamps, smiling sweetly at the official, waving your arms saying no espanol or other lane reasons, every time you book a flight/travel you provide API this information is stored on both a local, regional, national and international system which all agencies have access to. You overstay by one day and the system knows, but this only works when it works so manual checks require the stamps. Check the data people are being both fined and then barred around the world.