Author Topic: Cost of transferring ownership?  (Read 1090 times)

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Cost of transferring ownership?
« on: June 24, 2021, 21:46. »
Hi

I just wondered if anyone has an idea of the legal cost to transferring our GA house currently in joint names to my daughter.

Perhaps those that have sold can give me an idea of the legal costs without the Estate agent. I don't expect there will be a profit as today's value would not be higher than the 129600 Euros we paid for it back in 2004.

The other thing I need to do is sell my car which is nearly new and has only 1,200 kilometers on the clock. Are the Spanish webuyanycar lot any good?

Many thanks

Derek

« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 10:14. by Derek »

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2021, 09:59. »
Don’t know the cost Derek but for anything like that I would use Andrea Burns . Drop her an EMail I’m sure she will be able to help

office@andreaburns.es

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2021, 12:48. »
Good morning Derek, I hope all's well.

I've just dug out my file from our sale, the solicitors charges were 900 Euros, that was for handling all the administration surrounding the sale, answering all the buyers questions, closing all our accounts such as water, electric, community administration, paying all costs associated with the sale, accompanying us to the notary office on the day of completion and claiming back our 3% retention which we received directly from the Agencia Tributaria into our UK bank account about 6 months after completion.

I noted that additional costs we paid were 250 Euros for an Energy Performance Certificate, I think I paid over the odds for that, it was a legal requirement to have one when putting the house on the market.

We also paid 550 Euros for our solicitor to renew the Habitacion Certificate, the purchaser insisted on having an up to date one, again I yhink we paid over the odds but when you are a thousand miles away there's not a lot you can do!!

The sting in the tail was the Plus Valia Tax of 4500 Euros, the estate agents lead you to believe its an insignificant figure, the Ayuntamiento in Santa Pola when doing the calculations have a completely different view point!!

With the car it might be worth having a word with Frank Roscoe at FWR cars, he may well sell it on a commision basis for you.

Hope all goes well

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline ian-steele

• Supreme Member
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2021, 13:05. »
john h, not sure of your answer to the transfer to a daughter, i thought your figures were for the sale to a buyer, not a transfer of ownership to a family member.
people who live in glass houses should undress in the dark !

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2021, 13:13. »
Derek did ask "perhaps those that have sold can give me an idea of the legal costs".

I was trying to be helpful.

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2021, 14:01. »
I stand to be corrected but I think a transfer is treated as a sale so your daughter (or you) will have to pay the 10% tax on the value of the house.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2021, 14:11. »
I think you are correct Blue and white stripes, I remember chatting to a chap in Molly's one night who had transferred ownership to his son's, the costs had astounded him.

Regards all

John

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2021, 15:13. »
Thanks all and especially John.

I am well thanks after a big scare that thankfully it came to nothing. I had said to our daughter that I was thinking of selling the house and splitting the money between the grandchildren to be spent on helping them onto the property ladder. She then said that she would buy it from me and again the kids can have the money. So that is were we are with it at present.

I need to get over to GA and sort the car etc out and either progress the sale to my daughter or put it on the market.

Again thanks for all your help.

Derek

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2021, 15:44. »
Hi Derek, that's two of us who've had a scare, I had a heart attack a couple of weeks ago, I had a couple of blockages and an aneurysm on my LAD, the surgeon said I was a lucky man to still be here.
It does make you evaluate what's important.

Regards all

John

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2021, 17:47. »
A close shave John and glad you're ok. I hope it wasn't brought on by refereeing this forum. :-)

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2021, 18:14. »
Sorry to hear that John, hope you are OK now.

Cheers Kevin

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2021, 18:18. »
Sorry to hear that John and delighted that you are ok again now, these things can come as a hell of a wake up call. As you say, it makes one evaluate what's really important and the answer is, and always should be, family and personal wellbeing take priority over all else. Glad also to hear that Derek's scare came to nothing and all well there now also.
Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2021, 18:33. »
Hi John

It certainly does and thank god your here to tell the tale. Some knock the health service but down here when you are in trouble they act fast. I phoned our local Doctor and within two weeks I was in hospital having tests. Then within about 1,5 weeks I was having a full scan. They were playing safe. I appreciate that in some areas of the UK things are not done as quick but down here they prioritize Tory voters (joking)

Derek

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2021, 19:19. »
Thanks all, the NHS have been absolutely superb, I now see them in a completely different light. Everything operated seamlessly right down to my appointed cardiac nurse phoning me at home the day after i was discharged and my own GP phoning me today.

My stay in hospital was akin to a modern day geography lesson, I've looked after by staff from the Phillipines, Bulgaria, Nigeria, Zimbabwe, Romania, Spain, Latvia and a scattering of British. Without exception, all performed their duties with kindness, care and hard work....without these overseas workers the NHS would quickly grind to a halt

I spent a week in a ward with a lovely garden area straight outside my bedroom, it was brilliant to be able to sit in the garden and relax, the garden area was cultivated and looked after by the ward staff in their own time and at their expense, they realised how beneficial it would be to their patients.

The staff are petrified about another wave of Covid hitting us, not one of them thought that anyone should be travelling overseas until this pandemic is fully under control. Those who had served on Covid wards, including a young lady who came from Latvia straight into 8 months on a covid ward told me that the scenes we saw on TV had been sanitised, what she described to me was horrific, many of her collegues are undergoing counselling after what they witnessed.

Regards all

John

Offline mushte

• Supreme Member
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2021, 19:34. »
Hi John sorry the hear about your health scare but good news you are on the mend