Author Topic: Spanish border  (Read 13594 times)

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« on: May 25, 2021, 19:41. »
Anyone been out since restrictions were lifted ? Just wondered what the passport control and customs was like as I’m off next week and this will first time crossing border since Brexit kicked in . Were there major queues do we still use auto passport booths do they stamp passport etc ?

Offline TRIDENT

Spanish border
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2021, 20:59. »
You will need to fill in a locator  form before traveling .I think there is a link on the ryanair web site. Or look at the Spanish gov web pages.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2021, 21:08. »
Hi trident yes I have all that just wondered what the actual passport area was like post Brexit and covid etc

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2021, 09:14. »
Enjoy your trip Spurs, hope the queues arn't too long at immigration!!
Looking forward to hearing how the visit goes.

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2021, 15:30. »
Hi Spurs, when are you going?

My flight is (fingers crossed) early morning next Monday the 31st. I haven't flown into ALC since 2015 as I've always driven over since then. Not particularly looking forward to the airport experience post Brexit but we'll have to get used to it.

I have my passport obviously and will have the Health Form and IDP in case it's required for car hire but apart from that do I take all the requirements of the Carta de Invitacion or hope to bypass that requirement?

Mrs G has a southern Irish passport so she is going to try the EU passenger channel through customs and see what happens.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2021, 15:37. »
Hi I’m going Tuesday .i don’t know if we need the data for carta de invitation but I’m going to have return flights info and proof of ownership of property etc

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2021, 19:05. »
Yes, I'll take that also.

There have been a lot of flights since Monday last week and I've not come across any horror stories so touch wood we'll be OK.

I'll let you know - hope the wifi is good in the penitenciario.

Offline NickiH

Spanish border
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2021, 11:51. »
What is the carts de invitacion please ? Do we need this to visit our properties in Spain ?

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Spanish border
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2021, 14:04. »
The Carta de Invitacion is a procedure used by the Spanish authorities to control the arrival into Spain of non EU nationals coming to stay with friends/relatives i.e. not in approved tourist accommodation. It can only be applied for by Spanish residents and once obtained must be sent to the intending visitor(s) so that they can present it at the border control. It is not, therefore, applicable to holiday home owners travelling out to their properties in person. Taking proof of home ownership would be advisable but it remains to be seen how aggressive or otherwise the border controls will be on all of this, DaveG and Spurs will be able to update us on that next week.
Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2021, 14:10. »
I’m going Tuesday so I will put an update on how much hassle there is at the border after breaking my way into Spain . Hopefully it will be as smooth and easy as before.

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2021, 17:46. »
Just sorted out my boarding pass for tomorrow and have added my Spanish locator form onto it via the Ryanair website. That's another hoop i've managed to jump through.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2021, 18:25. »
Just sorted out my boarding pass for tomorrow and have added my Spanish locator form onto it via the Ryanair website. That's another hoop i've managed to jump through.

Good luck let me know what to expect for Tuesday please

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2021, 20:52. »
As part of the prep for trip I have been researching the test we are req to take in Spain before coming back . The government website says an antigen test is ok not a full PCR test I’ve booked mine via E Mail at the life resort up on Altimar  2 cost is €40 needs to be booked by E Mail info.salvumclinic@gmail.com ,they will want a photo of your passport.

For Day 2 and day 8 tests in UK again this must be prebooked and the booking ref number put into you uk government entry form before you come back I’m using https://www.testingforall.org/ £99 for the 2 tests posted out to you and you post them back £99 is the cheapest I have found these anywhere

I’ve also got my international driving permit . Just take a passport photo and your driving licence to post office £5.50 , you need the one coded 1949 for Spain

Hope this helps anyone planning a trip

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2021, 21:08. »
It really does Spurs.

Its a great help just what this forum is for, thank you

As part of the prep for trip I have been researching the test we are req to take in Spain before coming back . The government website says an antigen test is ok not a full PCR test I’ve booked mine via E Mail at the life resort up on Altimar  2 cost is €40 needs to be booked by E Mail info.salvumclinic@gmail.com ,they will want a photo of your passport.

For Day 2 and day 8 tests in UK again this must be prebooked and the booking ref number put into you uk government entry form before you come back I’m using https://www.testingforall.org/ £99 for the 2 tests posted out to you and you post them back £99 is the cheapest I have found these anywhere

I’ve also got my international driving permit . Just take a passport photo and your driving licence to post office £5.50 , you need the one coded 1949 for Spain

Hope this helps anyone planning a trip
BeachLife

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Spanish border
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2021, 21:18. »
Yes, good advice Spurs. I was struggling with the return to UK test as everything I look at seems a bit ambiguous re PCR versus antigen. I'll go for the antigen if your confident.

I'm also going to use the £99 for two tests (day 2 and 8 on return); starts to get expensive doesn't it.

IDP already in the bag from last September so I think I'm good to go.

Hi B&W, have a good trip and let us know how you get on.