Author Topic: Hospital appointment  (Read 1046 times)

Offline Dave C

Hospital appointment
« on: January 14, 2021, 12:33. »
Hi everyone.
Today I rec'd a phone call from Elche hospital giving me an appointment
with a consultant at the vascular surgery clinic. The appointment is
for Monday next week.
When looking on Google Maps, there appears to be 3 or 4 hospitals
in Elche. When I asked the caller which hospital, he just said Elche.
My question is which hospital do I go to?
Many thanks

Dave

Offline TRIDENT

Hospital appointment
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 15:45. »
What a coincidence i also have had a phone call for the same..  Were you expecting an appointment.  I spent 12 days in hospital after having a hernia operation 4 weeks ago. I developed an infection in the wound which was treated with antibiotics and 4 days later i got a severe pain in the back of my knee followed by 4days later not being able to breath. So i was taken to hospital by ambulance. After 2 covid tests i was put on a ward. After various scans and tests i was told i have a blood clot at the back of my leg which has gone to my lungs and caused fluid on my lungs. Treated very well in the hospital. I was moved from the 5th floor on Thursday as the whole floor was being converted for covid patients. When i enquired how bad things were the nurse said very bad. I was released on Friday(probably early due to a lack of hospital beds) and put on warfarin to disperse the clots. The hospital made me an appointment to see the surgeon who did the operation for today at 11 oclock for a follow up. I arrived with an interpreter at 10.30. At 12.00 my wife phoned me to say they had cancelled the appointment due to covid restrictions and rearrange a phone call follow up in 2 weeks time as they are not doing face to face appointments. By the time i got home she had got the call from the vascular department for Monday ???

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
Hospital appointment
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 17:52. »
Hi everyone.
My question is which hospital do I go to?
Many thanks

Dave

Unless you have private health insurance, I would imagine it is Elche General

Offline Dave C

Hospital appointment
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2021, 21:30. »
What a coincidence i also have had a phone call for the same..  Were you expecting an appointment.

Trident, are you going to Elche General?

My doctor in GA told me the consultant would ring me in a few days. That was
2nd November, and he rang me today.

Good luck with yours, sounds like you've had a tough time.

Offline TRIDENT

Hospital appointment
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2021, 22:20. »
Hi Dave C yes my appointment is at Elche General. I am going to call in tomorrow at the reception desk to confirm the time and which room to go to. I was referred by the doctor last June but due to covid restrictions last year i was expecting it to be a drawn out process.