Author Topic: My trip to GA if anyones interested  (Read 991 times)

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
My trip to GA if anyones interested
« on: July 08, 2020, 09:57. »
We flew over from Southend on Friday.  Was hoping quarantine rules wld be lifted but hey ho. Ryanair flight was not cancelled so decided to go.  Nothing open at airport except a stall selling snacks and drinks but that was fine.  The first flight out of the day so expected the plane to be clean and it was. Took own wipes and anti-bac anyway, cleaned down the seatbelt and buckle and the handle on the overhead locker.  Plane was mostly full. Masks worn at all times except to have a drink.   Filled in the paper form to hand in at Alicante airport and there was a bit of a queue to hand this in.  The queue for people who had filled in their form online and showed it on their phone was much quicker. Walked through a temperature checker and was out. Took around half hour. The most painful thing was waiting for the hire care from Record. Took about 40 mins to apparently have a special clean???  There weren't many hire cars in the carpark either.   Got to GA, went shopping and in all entrances to supermarkets antibac gel and wipes and masks worn.  Went Los Arenales and Santa Pola and the restaurants were spot on with anti-bac, cleaning tables after people leave. Most with a one way in one way out system.  Menus scanned on your phone which was painless   Masks off at table and back on to leave or use the loo.   This didnt happen in the english bars in GA but we were seated outside and distanced so we didnt feel uncomfortable about it. No bat and balls or football allowed on beaches and plenty of guardia civil around.  We had to give our apartment number to the lifeguard when using the community pool, sanitise hands on way in and there was a one way in and one way out system
in place.  Alicante airport deserted. Duty free open and only Costa and Eat.  Flight home 75% empty. Filled the form in online for return but no one checked ours. Not sure if thats the norm and maybe on government system anyway? although some people were randomly pulled to the side and checked and had to fill form out.   There’s no doubt the masks are a pain and if the flights, airports were busy and hot it could be too much for some people, especially families with young or elderly but for us it was ok and we had a lovely time
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 10:27. »
Great write up puddy-woo, backs up what one of my friends who arrived last week was saying.
He did note that the market was very quiet with only around 25% of the stall holders in attendance.

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 15:30. »
Thanks for write up, our community has also introduced online booking for pool to ensure it doesn't get too full in addition to the process you mentioned.
Interesting that the person checking your reservation for pool, checks your house numbers and if you are not upto date with payment of fees you will be denied entry, that will hope stop some if the persistent offenders using the communal facilities.

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 23:53. »
Glad you enjoyed your break puddy-woo. Roll on September.

Regarding the pool this may be a common theme; in our urb you only get in the pool if the lifeguard has a tick against your house number to be up to date with payments. Anyone in debt has to clear them first, difficult for some as the debts run to €thousands.

Dave

Online steve watson

• Galactic Member
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2020, 07:27. »
Hi
Are the taxis still working from outside the airport ? Is there any restrictions.

Thanks

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2020, 10:03. »
There was a queue. They’ll be grateful for your business
Casa De Valen Med II