Author Topic: Moving with pets  (Read 654 times)

Offline Mrs P

Moving with pets
« on: November 13, 2019, 14:26. »
We have a property in Gran Alacant and are moving permanently next year. We are bringing our pets, 2 cats and 2 dogs.
Not concerned about the dogs as I know they will be fine, but I am looking for a company to transport the cats if anyone has any recommendations. Also, if anyone else has done the same, can you advise how long you kept your cats in for before letting them out.
Thanks in advance 🐈 🐈

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
Moving with pets
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 14:29. »
We moved over with our poodle and flew with Thompsons, who were expensive but good, would cost you a bomb with the two dogs and two cats.
 My friend who has two dogs and two cats drives the journey from england with the ferry from, Santander or Bilbao, and that leaves the only driving in spain and england.  There are also various pet transport companies if you can cope with the pets travelling separately to you and one advertises in the G A Advertiser, Caniresort costa blanca Domino.  www.caniresortcostablanca.com who may be able to give you some information and ideas.  (if you are bringing a car it would probably be less stress on the animals if you did the channel tunnel). My friend leaves her cats inside for several days when she reaches her destination.  Good luck
Hazel