Author Topic: Travel Zoo Offer  (Read 3033 times)

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Travel Zoo Offer
« on: March 31, 2015, 13:49. »
This could be fun
http://m.travelzoo.com/uk/rail-coach-car/-199-Week-Long-Campervan-Hire-in-Spain-Save-69--1990648/?utm_source=top20_uk&utm_medium=email&utm_content=1990648&utm_campaign=uk_top20_2015_13_deal%3a1990648

Regards all

John

PS Just had a brilliant holiday booked through Travel Zoo, we've booked another two deals with them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 13:51. by John Hannon »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

granalacant

Travel Zoo Offer
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 16:43. »
as far as I understand this deal, you pay them now and you can start your holiday in about 7 months or later?

And you pay some 300 euros per week for (very) low season.

Hmmmm am I missing something? Far better deals here in Alicante going directly to the rental companies, you only pay when you take delivery and you can return where you want ...

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Travel Zoo Offer
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 17:16. »
Have you got any links to these companies in order to compare prices......quite fancy a bit of touring Spain in a motor home

Regards all

John

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

granalacant

Travel Zoo Offer
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 17:26. »
there is one on the road from Alicante to San Juan, another one on the ring road of Elche.

Did you know there is a site called google.com where you put in what you are looking for, and they come up with various links to websites.  Motorhome rental or autocaravanas might do the trick

http://bigskyspainmotorhomes.com/alicante_airport_motorhome_rentals_es_location_info.html

this one gave me for 7 days some 110 euros in rental:
http://www.caravanas-cruz.com/alquiler_tarifas.php?lg=es

You can also look at milanuncios.com to find private rentals ...

omg ....

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Travel Zoo Offer
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 17:34. »
 Why the sarcasm?
Big Sky make you realise that Travel Zoo are offering an excellent price

Regards all

John

PS A little politeness goes a long way

Offline mike and judith

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Travel Zoo Offer
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 18:33. »
Hi John,
As you may recall, we had a camper for a few years.  To be honest, I still miss it.  The freedom & the opportunities they offer are fantastic.
A couple draw backs you might like to bear in mind:-
Size.  -  The bigger the van, the more creature comforts it offers, BUT, you have to offset this against driving the thing through some narrow roads in a lot of villages.
Campsites. -  Her indoors insisted on only staying on proper sites on safety &'comfort grounds.  This creates problems inasmuch as loads of sites in Spain only open for a very short season.  Some are quite expensive (recall Toledo (twice) costing us 30 Euros a night)
Convenience. -  It was our only vehicle at the time, & although we had pushbikes, it still proved to be a bit of a chore.
I've got an excellent book on sites, but unfortunately it's in Cornwall, & I'm here in the sun, otherwise you would have been welcome to borrow.
Writing this, I might consider buying another camper!!!!!!  I know you will, but ENJOY!

granalacant

Travel Zoo Offer
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 20:23. »
sarcasm John is a kind of humor ....
I just simply love to laugh - at me, at the whole world, at anything (except Putin and his cronies).
Basically the best part of a Camper is that you don t have to get your luggage from one hotel to another - for the rest ... most are disadvantages. That is why you see so many germans on the beaches - they have bought it and will use it. Damn the world   :-)
As I pointed out - you can get them for a fraction of the price here in Alicante. As a marketing man you know how travelzoo etc. work, they take a 40 to 50% cut and need to justify themselves ....
Believe me, it is worth to look around a bit a to look out for the snake oil sellers.

granalacant

Travel Zoo Offer
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 20:31. »
Why the sarcasm?
Big Sky make you realise that Travel Zoo are offering an excellent price

Regards all

John

PS A little politeness goes a long way

I am sure one can always find a more expensive one    :-)  that is why I gave you the link   :-)
But Caravanas Cruz is a big company ... and they only charge one third or less of the price that was "a special offer".

My recommendation (1 cent worth): visit Caravanas Cruz, have a look, be clear about what you want and then ... decide.
But paying 7 months ahead to a travel company is ... asking for trouble (another cent of my opinion).

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
Travel Zoo Offer
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 07:26. »
It would appear that the Travel Zoo offer is for a week. The Spanish company tariff is 'per day'. On the subject of pitch fees, low season discount can be obtained by using an ACSI card which will give you a pitch for around €16 per night at participating sites. Might be worth it if one were renting for two or more weeks.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Travel Zoo Offer
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2015, 09:09. »
Morning Mike, I have a couple of neighbours here in the UK who travel Europe in their motor homes, they point out exactly the same issues as you have, but still love it!!
It's just something I've always fancied having a bash at.
Thanks for that Tony,  highlights that once again as other forum members have found the great offers that come from Travel Zoo

Regards all

John

granalacant

Travel Zoo Offer
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2015, 11:02. »
glad to see someone noticed the Spanish language    :-)  on the Cruz Caravanas website ...
But: I lost a bet. I bet with my secretary it would take more than 24 hours so I owe her 10 euros.
Snif, snif, snif ....