Author Topic: Car Hire Bargains.  (Read 16820 times)

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Car Hire Bargains.
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2015, 22:45. »
Great to see you on here Spurs
We are coming to GA in early May for four and a half weeks, at the moment the prices are that high I haven't made a booking yet......looking at over €400.......I'm doing a weekly check!!

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Car Hire Bargains.
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2015, 17:39. »
I have just booked with e-mail car hire who always use Record and cost for 15 days from mid Feb for 5 door clio was only 45 euros, cheapest i have had in 10 years.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Car Hire Bargains.
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2015, 20:15. »
Keep checking they often get cheaper nearer the date I always do this then rebook at new price and cancel the old one

On the old plaza when I posted this some people saved several hundred pounds

Good luck

Offline Philndeb

Car Hire Bargains.
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2015, 20:50. »
How weird!, I went on doyouspain and 15 days was cheaper than 14 days by about 30%, a Clio was €37.96

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Car Hire Bargains.
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2015, 13:25. »
Hi Philndeb,

If you book via doyouspain make sure you save your Booking Voucher.

We were last out in December with a 3 day full / full with Centauro via doyouspain. When Centauro refunded the fuel deposit they deducted €25 for "logistics" i.e. refuelling the car after it's return. As it was full when returned there was no refuelling required and so I queried the deduction with them and they insist the terms were full / empty with partial refund but you still have to pay the logistics even when returning it full.

I always book full / full and set that filter on the DYS website - when I queried with DYS they want the original Booking Voucher which I haven't saved so I cannot prove the terms, DYS say they don't keep records  :( and you can't print a Booking Voucher retrospectively off the booking confirmation email which I always save.

After 12 years of hiring about 8 - 10 cars a year I thought I had all the rip-offs covered - sadly not.

Dave

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Car Hire Bargains.
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2015, 14:05. »
When I picked up the car we currently have from Record last Saturday they explained the fuel refund policy, they pointed out that I would not get a refund on the "fuelling charge" even if I brought it back full.
Seems the companies are consistent in their approach

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Car Hire Bargains.
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2015, 15:07. »
Good afternoon all. We are here in a very sunny Santa Pola. Just a word of warning on the cheap car hire....the queues at Record and Gold Car were the worst I have ever seen. I don't think I am exaggerating when I say there must have been around 40 people in the Record queue. At least a 2 hr wait!!!  We chose not to bother and got a cab as we hadn't given over any credit card details. Wasn't worth the wait for a weekend break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Car Hire Bargains.
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2015, 18:49. »
Hi Puddy-woo,
Our first and last experience with Firefly was the same - arrived on a very hot July day and joined the back of a long queue - I went round all the other desks trying to get a car on reasonable terms at short notice but nothing doing. Went back to Maureen and she hadn't moved and the same people were at the front arguing about the things they were getting hit for that they hadn't read in the small print. Gave up and got a taxi - must admit that I did enjoy the subsequent walking and bus trips - being the driver I managed to see things from a different perspective.
Dave

Offline David D

• Supreme Member
Car Hire Bargains.
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2015, 22:17. »
Hello all,
I use Centauro,I am a gold club member with them.i use them at least 5 times a year including July and August and never have to queue. There is a separate desk for gold club members so there is no hanging about.also when you book with them you accumulate points which you build up until you get a free car hire .i,ve just booked a car for 1 week in March no charge just the price of the fuel.
Regards Dave

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Car Hire Bargains.
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2015, 00:24. »
Weve got a clio booked for 3 weeks in july this was booked in December at 300 euro, we check most weeks and it  hasn't yet moved, watch this space.
They dont like it up em !

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Car Hire Bargains.
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2015, 00:14. »
We are coming to GA in early May for four and a half weeks, at the moment the prices are that high I haven't made a booking yet......looking at over €400.......I'm doing a weekly check!!

Regards all

John

The price has gone down by about €75 in the last couple of days with Record..........a Focus for 31 days now comes in at €336..........reckon it'll come down further yet.

On Do You Spain, same car, same dates and times with Record coming in at €288............just over £200 for four and a half weeks.........

Regards all

John

« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 00:21. by John Hannon »

Offline Emma

Car Hire Bargains.
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2015, 11:24. »
We use several times a year Record go and always take the Comfort plus coverage insurance which was last january 76.98 euro for 2 weeks.  We now booked a car for 2 weeks in may and the Comfort plus would be 192 euro and is obligated from the age of 70 !!?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Car Hire Bargains.
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2015, 11:40. »
I'm a few years away from 70 yet Emma, I use insurance4hirecar at £40 a year and let them hold a charge against my credit card.

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Car Hire Bargains.
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2015, 16:39. »

Regards all

John

The price has gone down by about €75 in the last couple of days with Record..........a Focus for 31 days now comes in at €336..........reckon it'll come down further yet.

On Do You Spain, same car, same dates and times with Record coming in at €288............just over £200 for four and a half weeks.........

Regards all

John

Just checked again.....with Record the price is now down to €225 and with Do You Spain its down to €192

I might be making a booking shortly!!

Regards all

John

Offline ian-steele

• Supreme Member
Car Hire Bargains.
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2015, 10:52. »
where can i hire a car for a few days in gran alacant ?
people who live in glass houses should undress in the dark !