Author Topic: UK TV  (Read 3179 times)

Offline Dottie

UK TV
« on: June 29, 2018, 12:52. »
Hi

Thinking about finally trying to get uk tv. I do not have internet so will have to use dish I presume.  Which is best company to deal with?  Do I need one of the large dishes?  Any advice would be much appreciated.

Offline Arab

UK TV
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 13:24. »
We paid GA TV for a new dish, €250. Unfortunately when we were in GA last week, the picture was poor, very jumpy. I mentioned this to others who seem to be having the same issue. A few of our friends mentioned a box that is very reliable, but you need internet connection.

Offline Andy L

UK TV
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 14:23. »
We used Diginova, had the dish for around 5 years now we've had a couple of minor issues with connectors but they sorted these out quickly.
Very good service but I can only comment on the service we received.

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
UK TV
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 14:26. »
Dottie this subject has been discussed many times over the last 15 years or so, there have been numerous systems where people have stated how brilliant they are (vested interest) for said system to fail 2 years later, its a long list of chaos and carnage, some neighbours are on there 5th different system. But there are some which have stood the test of time. We have on the roof a 2.4 dish yes its big but its in the corner out of the way, from this we use old sky boxes bought over from the uk, you receive all the freeview/sat channels and uk regions for nothing, our system has given nearly 20 years of interrupted tv,it doesnt break up,flicker or have an off day,its just reliable basic television. If you want more then others have they're preferences which usually involve one of the unreliable Internet providers of which theyre are many. Best of luck.
They dont like it up em !

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
UK TV
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2018, 16:10. »
The dishes do move a bit in the wind and occasionally I have had to tweak mine using a satellite finder such as
https://www.screwfix.com/p/slx-satellite-finder-meter/27154#_=p
I also use an Openbox v8s Freesat receiver which I have found more reliable than the ones supplied over here. 

Offline David D

• Supreme Member
UK TV
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2018, 20:59. »
I too would recommend diginova ,if you have any problems with it you just ring Gaston & he will sort it out for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Ron l

UK TV
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2018, 23:11. »
We r similar to corporal jones, we have a 1.9 meter dish with a sky hd box and have had it for quite years and had no problems, the dish is also on the roof

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
UK TV
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2018, 20:35. »
I had a 1.9m dish up until 2 years ago with a Freesat receiver. Perfect for basic UK TV. It blew down once and was repaired (on the insurance) by Gaston at Diginova; would recommend him without hesitation if that's the type of system you want.

Dave

Offline Lynda2910

UK TV
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2018, 18:43. »
Corporal Jones and/or Ron,

Can I ask if you pay a monthly subscription for Sky?

Offline Ron l

UK TV
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2018, 16:28. »
Hi Linda, no we don’t pay anything, we only get free to air channels, same as you do with free view in England, if you get a freesat box this works just as well