Author Topic: Barking dogs  (Read 1139 times)

Offline Jan the pan

Barking dogs
« on: May 24, 2018, 18:29. »
Why oh why do people have barking dogs and seem to ignore the noise and is there anything we can do about it.

Offline Russell

Barking dogs
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 20:07. »
Why oh why do people have barking dogs and seem to ignore the noise and is there anything we can do about it.
Totally agree.
The noise is with us from 7am some days and starts again around 5pm sometimes up until gone midnight, it drives us mad. It’s embarrassing when you invite people over for an evening drink and end up having to come in from the garden just so you can have a conversation. In our area we can’t even say it’s just one dog, there’s at least four or five  from all different properties.
When it comes to the laws there’s very little they do about it, in fact they do nothing about it.
You are supposed to talk to the owners politely and if things don’t change then you need to talk to them once more but still trying to keep it polite. Then you record the noise level from the barking dogs and go to the town hall and report it, at which point  they say this is Spain and what do you expect. They tell you to call the local Civil Police and they don’t bother to even turn up.
Unfortunately you’re only option is to move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Jan the pan

Barking dogs
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 21:04. »
Sounds like we just have to live with it, which is very annoying but hey ho. No way we can move as we have just moved here.

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Barking dogs
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 11:46. »
Sounds like we just have to live with it, which is very annoying but hey ho. No way we can move as we have just moved here.

And the owners soon start complaining if you play music loud or use a drill.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Barking dogs
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 17:50. »

And the owners soon start complaining if you play music loud or use a drill.

We have had similar issues over the years with neighbours dogs constantly yapping, one in particular used to lock the dog in the kitchen whilst at work, upon return 10 hours later letting the dog out, we asked the owner twice, the administrator, the presidente, the town hall all with the vacant expression and associated shrug of the shoulders, coincidentally i started home improvements at the end of the process with most diy conducted when my neighbour was relaxing or sleeping, my spanish neighbour got very annoyed very quickly even calling policia local, i then wore my vacant expression. The penny eventually dropped and fido was no more.
They dont like it up em !

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Barking dogs
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2018, 21:10. »
We had several owners denounced on our poligono, complain direct to the police.

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Barking dogs
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2018, 10:10. »

Good idea, it will give the under employed police over here something to do.

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Barking dogs
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2018, 22:15. »

They're all employed, just need to focus on some crime and show some interest in addressing what matters to the the taxpayers that contribute towards there salary. Sadly revenue generation now seems a priority.
They dont like it up em !

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Barking dogs
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2018, 18:26. »

They're all employed, just need to focus on some crime and show some interest in addressing what matters to the the taxpayers that contribute towards there salary. Sadly revenue generation now seems a priority.

Mind you, in the UK noisy dogs (and bars) would be dealt with by the council, along with school crossing patrols which shows their lack of workload.