Author Topic: Padron  (Read 1549 times)

Offline kira

Padron
« on: January 24, 2018, 16:52. »
I was not aware, until today that the padron rules had changed.
You used to resign the Padron every 5 years, now it is every 2 years.
Kira

Offline Lolabunny

Padron
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 19:16. »

I also found this out recently, and renewed at the small Town Hall office in the Doctors on Gran Alacant. You need your passport with you. Only took a few minutes and the guy was very helpful.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Padron
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 07:48. »
Thanks for the reminder.

Have we clarity of who can sign / obtain the "padron" - I have signed up a couple of times in the past. Then had the information that as a non-resident I should not have done that. I am keen to keep registered as it helps the community with funding for social resources and emergency services, but, I dont want to be offside in signing up if I shouldn't.

I must say that when I registered last the guy in the centre (as you say very helpful) didnt ask if I had residencia or not. Just my proof of address and passport
BeachLife

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Padron
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 09:46. »
I reckon that Yolanda and her colleagues ruling Santa Pola would all turn a blind eye Rich if indeed non residents are not supposed to sign.......in defence you could always say you were contemplating buying a car

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline mikehoward

Padron
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 12:42. »
Hi, we tried as non residents to sign on the Padron, but were told we couldn't and could only get it if we were buying a car.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Padron
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 18:42. »
Madness  - my long term plan is to be in Spain 182.4 days a year surely I should have access to the pardon and the support that brings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BeachLife

Offline Chris C

Padron
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2018, 07:14. »
I bought a car and I’m not on the padron. Just used my house deeds. I was advised against signing on the padron (I’m not resident there) as it would cause complications and problems driving on y UK driving licence.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Padron
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2018, 13:27. »
Totally confused now a few years ago everyone was encouraged to sign padron as it was sold to us that if we did it brings more cash and infrastructure into the area . I am not a resident so should I sign it or not ?if I do how does It affect my driving license

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Padron
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2018, 14:32. »
I purchased my car without being on the Padron, are they saying non residents
Can't buy cars here now as you have to be a resident to be on it ?

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Padron
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2018, 14:50. »
I guess these people should know

https://www.citizensadvice.org.es/faq/i-need-padron-certificate-purchase-vehicle/

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Padron
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2018, 19:24. »
There you go. Red tape in Spain is a major industry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline mikehoward

Padron
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2018, 11:11. »
Hi, if you want to buy a car (we did a couple of years ago) you need proof you own or rent property in Spain. So the police (Frank from FWR dealt with this for us) did require either title deeds, padron or rental agreement. We also needed a recent NIE certificate, ours was 10 years old, so had to go to Elche to get another one (same number). Problem is the new one doesn't have an address on it hence the need for either  title deeds, padron or rental agreement. Unless of course it's changed again. Suggest you check with the dealer, they are the only ones that will know the latest reqms.