Author Topic: Security Delays at ALC  (Read 2669 times)

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Security Delays at ALC
« on: March 03, 2015, 20:36. »
Evening all, I've been reading that due to new procedures being introduced at the airport yesterday that there is a 45 minute wait to get through security
Apparently all electrical items now have to removed from bags and placed in trays to be scanned
Better get to the airport in plenty of time

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

granalacant

Security Delays at ALC
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 05:39. »
went through last week, no problem at all

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
Security Delays at ALC
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 17:34. »
John
Laptops,iPads have always had to be removed
Have not noticed any delays in getting through
The only thing that is annoying is the member of security who watches the screen is also the same individual who then has to look through your bag if he finds anything
Never takes more that 5-10 mins

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Security Delays at ALC
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 18:17. »
Apparently as of 1st March anything electrical in the hand luggage, Kindle, hair drier, toothbrush, if it's got batteries or a plug on it it has to be out of the bag and in the tray.

Regards all

John

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

granalacant

Security Delays at ALC
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 20:02. »
Apparently as of 1st March anything electrical in the hand luggage, Kindle, hair drier, toothbrush, if it's got batteries or a plug on it it has to be out of the bag and in the tray.

Regards all

John

Sure it s not the 1st of April?
They have been doing to me this for years ....

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Security Delays at ALC
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 20:11. »
No ones ever asked me to take anything other than my lap top out.......all other electrical kit has stayed in the bag......from what I read it now all has to come out and go in a separate tray.......confusion and delays being caused......only started 1st March

Regards all

John

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
Security Delays at ALC
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 13:09. »
Travelled back to UK at the weekend and all was normal, laptop, iPad etc out, but everything else stayed in  8)  But, this being Spain, maybe tomorrow it will be different!

Only thing we have noticed is that re-entering Spain, passport control seems to be operational in the past few months, rather than no-one on duty before.

granalacant

Security Delays at ALC
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2015, 14:30. »
yes, you are coming from outside the Schengen area so there is passport control. Flew in this week from Germany and no problem at all.

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Security Delays at ALC
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2015, 16:24. »
yes, you are coming from outside the Schengen area so there is passport control. Flew in this week from Germany and no problem at all.

Agree about Schengen, but there isn't always passport control anyway, which is the point being made. I think that, over the last five years of travelling to Spain at least twice per annum, I have only had to go through passport control twice. Easyjet - and others - require you to provide Advance Passenger Information (API), essentially your passport or other identity details, online and I had assumed that this advance information effectively cleared passport control before one arrived, hence no checks. I think that this system only applies to travel to Spain. Anyone know if this is now changing?
Mike and Jane Hopper