Author Topic: Restuarant  (Read 11284 times)

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Restuarant
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2017, 10:11. »
Can i just reiterate that my comments related to the service at La Palleta, specifically that they advertise a phone number to make reservations yet they rarely answer because as they agree "theyre far too busy". My other moan is in all the times weve dined there we are seated by the entrance door or the toilet neither of which are ideal locations for a meal and it appears that some customers are given the better tables with hugs and kisses of returning friends. In my view all customers should be treated fairly.
They dont like it up em !

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Restuarant
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2017, 11:32. »
Maybe you dont give the impression of being very huggable Victor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Restuarant
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2017, 12:17. »
I've got to say I hate it when the staff in restaurants go overboard with their welcome, Gran Mundo is a prime example, I'm a customer not a long lost friend!!
On saying that on restaurants we frequent a lot it is good to hear "do you want your usual table near the window" or words to that effect.
If I operated a restaurant would I treat all customers fairly, of course I would....but would I go the extra mile to keep my best customers happy, of course I would.
It's the old 80 20 rule, 80% of your turnover will come from 20% of your customers, you'd be daft not to go the extra mile for that 20% of your clients
I've always booked La Paletta by messenger on Facebook and I've always received a prompt reply.

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Gemstone

• Supreme Member
Restuarant
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2017, 13:24. »
Good idea John, will book by Facebook next time, but then they might not look because they are too busy  :)

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Restuarant
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2017, 13:35. »
Good idea John, will book by Facebook next time, but then they might not look because they are too busy  :)

Have to say that this did happen to me, used the FB page from NI to request a booking for 5 of us but when there was no response after 3 days I asked our friends in GA to follow up for us, they called in and the FB message had not been seen, booking was then made on the spot. I do think that if a restaurant - any restaurant - offers any form of online or phone booking system then it really has to be monitored and followed up on, otherwise there is the very real danger that potential customers will give up and go elsewhere. It doesn't take much, an answering machine on the phone line, and an hour or so  in the morning to go through and respond to all calls/messages/emails, whatever, no need to answer the phone during busy times therefore no problem and everyone should be happy.
Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Restuarant
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2017, 14:34. »
The 80/20 model is well known, i assume the evening we booked a certain table which was available, as we were the only booking so far on that date that we were a 80%, annoyingly someone who was clearly a 20% was given our table and we sat next to the karzi, the waitress gave some flannely reason but clearly they were part of the 20% club. As previously stated i feel there nod and a wink booking system needs a rethink, and what a brilliant idea an answering machine where you leave your message or contact number, that would be progress, incidentally we gave up with there facebook page for the same reason just never got a reply. Maybe im not one of there friends.
They dont like it up em !

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Restuarant
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2017, 14:42. »
There you go, 19 minutes to receive a reply.....and I'm definitely not in the 20% club.

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Restuarant
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2017, 17:25. »
I love this thread!, John can I have your cooker as you eat out so often it's probably still in its wrapper!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Gemstone

• Supreme Member
Restuarant
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2017, 18:17. »
Didn't think that it would go on for five pages !

Offline Stuart159

Restuarant
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2017, 19:32. »
Great place to eat, good food, good service, nice atmosphere. I hope I'm in there when Bart Simpson makes his prank call.

Offline angieanded

Restuarant
« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2017, 16:30. »
i thought hemmingways was good always had a good meal ect in there but no one seemed to recommend it in this post

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Restuarant
« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2017, 22:15. »
Personally I like to go to the butchers in El Altet, but myself a chuleton, and cook it up with some mushrooms and a cold beer. Then I eat it whilst reading this thread. Sometimes I buy the frozen lamb-shanks from Iceland and pretend I'm eating in a Gran Alacant restaurant for variety.

Offline shaun333

Restuarant
« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2017, 22:59. »
Do you do your self fat chips ever one and ever were in GA love a fat chip . . I'm sure you would have a lovely evening . And I bet you won't be moaning at the end of the nite .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Gemstone

• Supreme Member
Restuarant
« Reply #73 on: May 18, 2017, 08:25. »
Do you think that Mepossum has a brother !!

Offline Stan

Restuarant
« Reply #74 on: May 18, 2017, 09:19. »
No chance......mepossem was at least semi literate!