Author Topic: Restuarant  (Read 11125 times)

Offline Keith and Jen

Restuarant
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2017, 07:51. »
Good View, Get Fresh

Keith
Experience is what you get just after you need it.

Offline Sheila

Restuarant
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2017, 08:12. »
Get fresh always great food.

Offline Gemstone

• Supreme Member
Restuarant
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2017, 09:18. »
Thank you for all your replies, didn't really want to go to The Paletta, we tried to reserve there for Valentine's night but after phoning for ages with nobody replying we went there and asked firstly why does'nt anyone answer the phone and secondly could we reserve a table. We were told they never answered the phone as they were too busy working and then they said we could only reserve a table at 6.30 but had to be out by 8.00 ! Well that put us off completely ! We finally went to The Piedra, glad we did, it was excellent, good food, evening menu for 13.95 and a bottle of excellent house wine for 7 euros. Can definately recommend.

Offline Stan

Restuarant
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2017, 09:40. »
Get fresh always great food.
Was there at Christmas, never been since and have no intention of returning, what a disappointment!

Offline Mummysanders

Restuarant
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2017, 09:56. »
La piedra is one of our favourites. Fab service, good food and reasonably priced. Plus they are amazing with our autistic son, which means we get to enjoy a meal.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline Keith and Jen

Restuarant
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2017, 11:34. »
La Piedra is good food but the evening is spoiled by the noisy racket emanating from the bar.

Keith
Experience is what you get just after you need it.

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Restuarant
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2017, 13:06. »
Tres Besos never fails to deliver either.   Am surprised at the negative La Palletta comments but just goes to show how different peoples experiences can be. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline dleafy

• Supreme Member
Restuarant
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2017, 18:55. »
Loved La Piedra for breakfast. Loved La Palletta too....but our favourites so far are Alexandria and the Indian restaurant right next to it.
We'll be back there in a few weeks.
Can't wait!

Cheers
Davy !!!

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Restuarant
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2017, 19:03. »
One thing it does show is how impossible a task it is to please everyone . Great reviews from some including me for a restaurant and slated by someone else . And yes I do rate Dunbars we've had a few great nights there. I guess the best bit is we really do have a huge choice of different restaurants and bars. Most of which I have tried over the years and I can honestly say there are not any I wouldn't go back to

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Restuarant
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2017, 20:30. »
Here's my input. La Piedra OK but a bit bland, and very clicky as we got the table by the toilets as well. Gran Mundo again OK but Marisotas kitchen is much better food although the staff at Mundos are nicer. Tres Besos, nice but pricey, much prefer the Chicken Satay at Hazidikee which has the best sauce ever.
Get Fresh,very nice food which is well cooked but a little slow. As for Sunday dinners Belfrey and Molly Malones are nice and so is Brothers. As for the Indian restaurants Gourmet is the best of the 3 I've been in. To be fair the selection of food we have in GA is  varied and on the whole good quality and cheap. If you don't like it stay at home with a ding meal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Restuarant
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2017, 21:09. »
I intend to try Mayka's Kitchen (spelling?) very soon, in the sincere hope that it changes my opinion which is that the only decent food in the area is in Santa Pola and Alicante.

Offline john and sue

Restuarant
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2017, 00:09. »
El Olivo is excellent.

Shame that Matola doesn't seem to be re-opening this season.

Offline Gemstone

• Supreme Member
Restuarant
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2017, 07:57. »
Where is Mayka's kitchen please ?

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Restuarant
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2017, 09:43. »
Where is Mayka's kitchen please ?
Upstairs at the Shirley Bassey strip.
They do a roast leg of lamb on Sunday, it's superb, four of us shared one and had plenty
The Galician Octopus is a great starter.
Definitely worth a visit.
The owner/chef is a lovely lady and enjoys talking about her food and it's ingredients

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 09:47. by John Hannon »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Angelo

Restuarant
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2017, 11:32. »
Have you tried Fusion the Lebanese restaurant in Altomar ll,the lamb is excellent!👍🍽