Author Topic: What is the best application for TV in Gran Alacant  (Read 22854 times)

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
What is the best application for TV in Gran Alacant
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2016, 22:08. »
Im no techno so bear with me, in the uk ive got a now tv box im assuming these boxes with kodi work on the same principle  but can they provide all sky channels cost free
They dont like it up em !

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2016, 16:05. »
They work by streaming. They have many different applications on them that stream all films, tv shows. New and old. You can find hundreds of different applications that show different stuff. Certain ones are just for sports, films and shows. You can get all of the U.K. TV channels on them. Along with the sky channels. There are no subscriptions.

If you put android box how to use  into google or YouTube you should get a better idea of how they work.

Sian

Offline David D

• Supreme Member
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2016, 16:16. »

Offline Barry former GA Advertiser

« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2016, 18:28. »
Have been streaming on my computer from the internet for a few years now. Certain channels have every bit of sport and ALL football matches. You can then either cable to your tv to watch on a big screen, or buy a box out here, which we did, that does the same thing. The box is plugged into your tv and internet. Thousands of films and sport channels. You can also go into the internet as on your computer and even access your emails on the big screen, or of course anything at all. The boxes are advertised in the local papers out here. We bought the box and the guy installed it for 160 euro. No monthly fees. So, buy the box out here.

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2016, 20:17. »
Dave I forgot to ask you who your broadband suppliers are, would it be possible to give me the contact details and  prices
Cheers Steve

Offline MICKKAT

« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2016, 22:16. »
We are its having internetputin.  How does thisKodi box connect please?

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2016, 09:15. »
I have a standard 1.4m dish coupled with an Openbox V8S which is excellent and receives all the Freeview channels. Superb quality and many in HD.
I have the same system in the UK on a standard 600mm Sky dish. It connects to my wifi at home and it is possible to get all the sports, films and other scrambled channels for 10 euros a month. It cost £38 off ebay including the wifi antenna.

Offline David D

• Supreme Member
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2016, 10:01. »
Dave I forgot to ask you who your broadband suppliers are, would it be possible to give me the contact details and  prices
Cheers Steve
Hello Steve,
Through recommendations on the forum & enquiring myself, I worked out that the best for me was Granalacant tv.Because I have a holiday home it means I don't need the Internet on at all times so whenever you are going over to Spain you just email them & they turn it on for you,there are other companies that also do this for you but charge you for this.Thats why I am gonna go for them.You will find there details in the GA advertiser.
Dave

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2016, 10:35. »
Thanks Dave

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2016, 21:33. »
got my wizard box today fairly easy to set up you just need to leave it alone when connected to the broadband for about half an hour while it updates all the add ons etc .
Once it settled in its great picture quality is hd or better it has loads of uk channels loads of films including latest releases etc and hundreds of box sets available it will also give access to uk 3 pm kick offs on a Saturday have not tried it in Spain but i expect it to be as good there

Well pleased and only £42 including postage

Offline David D

• Supreme Member
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2016, 21:54. »
That's great Spurs
Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline LyndaS

« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2016, 13:42. »
Can you record on this kodi/wizard box and can you pause/rewind live TVs like you can on a sky box?

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2016, 16:22. »
I don't think you can record or pause but it does have attachment holes for flash drives so you might be able to record to them

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2016, 18:18. »
I've been able to pause on mine. But you can't record on it.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2016, 19:50. »
Tried my wizard to box today worked great no issues at all I think this may be the way to go