Author Topic: Bleeding radiator !  (Read 1149 times)

Offline Davison

Bleeding radiator !
« on: January 27, 2017, 15:46. »
Hi there, has any of you bled air from radiator ? you may be able to advise me.  I recently had Nat Gas (Fenosa) and Alberto Sola who installed heating only 3 months ago, and just one radiator that is in the lounge only heats up halfway.  I wasn't left any tool or key I sent umpteen texts and emais to the company as I would presume work still under a guarantee they said not their problem and if I wanted them to come round to sort their problem out it would be 50 euros
and they intimated that perhaps not a problem with "air bleeding" but pressure in the Bosch boiler not good after sales service , so I dunno I have never bled a radiator and worry in case I get scalded. Please advise thanks Allison

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Bleeding radiator !
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 16:05. »
Thats shocking service Alison.

Bleeding a radiator is dead easy, all you need is a screwdriver, normaly a flat blade one and a cloth to catch drips.......you dont need the central heating on to do this.

At one end of the radiator on the top you will see a small valve, Ive attached a picture for you, all you do is slightly loosen the centre screw and you will hear air hissing out of the radiator, as soon as water starts to flow you tighten the screw, hey presto youve just bled your radiator.

If you system is sealed, most are, all that means is that you have to add water to the system yourself, you will find a pressure gauge and two taps under your boiler.........hopefully the installer told you about this/left an instruction book........you might have to open the taps to let a bit more water in..........on most systems you need to see a pressure of 1.5 bar.

Hope this helps!!

Regards all

John
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 16:07. by John Hannon »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Davison

Bleeding radiator !
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 20:46. »
 :)Thank you John,  yes it looks like the valve thingy in photo I will have a try at bleeding it
and keep a lookout for the bar pressure.  yep bad after sales service they are realty helpful when they are trying for a sale that's life named and shamed them thanks again
regards