Author Topic: taxi from alacante airport  (Read 4580 times)

Offline angieanded

taxi from alacante airport
« on: April 24, 2016, 10:19. »
hello can any one tell me how much a taxi will cost from the airport to altomar 2 please ,or what good
car hire firm that is fill the tank back to full when returned that is local not from the airport many thanks from eddie

Offline Maricia

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 10:37. »
hello can any one tell me how much a taxi will cost from the airport to altomar 2 please ,or what good
car hire firm that is fill the tank back to full when returned that is local not from the airport many thanks from eddie

Price varies from approximately 17 to 22 Euros, so best to have 25 to hand.
BW
Maricia

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 10:41. »
Hi eddie, we have used xtra car hire a couple of times, think they are based in santa pola, you can pay cash when they bring the car to your door and return it full to the point you were given it when they collect it from you.

Hazel

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 10:46. »
Taxi should be no more than €20 let them know you know where you are going and how much it should cost .i think if you look on most of hire cars websites they nearly all do the full full option but will charge you about €20 handling fee to do it

Offline Maricia

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 12:25. »
Taxi should be no more than €20 let them know you know where you are going and how much it should cost .i think if you look on most of hire cars websites they nearly all do the full full option but will charge you about €20 handling fee to do it

Interesting as we often land late around 11pm and the cab to upper Monte Y Mar has never been under 20 Euros.
BW
Maricia

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2016, 12:35. »
Did it last week cost €16.50 and that was using the meter that is fixed into rear view mirror this was during day so not sure if it's dearer at night

Offline angieanded

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2016, 14:17. »
thank you all for the replies i did look on one site for taxi prices they quoted 25 to 35  euros for 15 min journey in the day time
i will ask alicante holiday villas if the do transfers see what they come up with for price

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2016, 14:56. »
Ive never paid more than 20 when picking up a cab outside the airport.  There is always plenty of them. Usually goes 18/19 euros and we give them 20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline angieanded

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2016, 16:44. »
just to say if any one comes up with any more infomation on this they can email me
my email is on my profile page thanks again from angieanded

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2016, 21:46. »
When out over easter we took taxi from the rank outside arrivals travelled to montemar the cost 17 euros, 3 weeks later took the bus to the airport great little service the cost 1 euro 50 cents drops you right outside departures.
They dont like it up em !

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2016, 22:22. »
We're do you pick the bus up from, how often does it run and does it go straight there, can you get it from the airport to GA ?
Steve

Online George Allen

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2016, 09:24. »
Go onto Doyouspain.com and you will find some excellent car hire bargains, make sure you tick full/full. they do not charge you an admin charge. However you will need to take out an excess car insurance...look at icarinsurance.com or you will get charged a fortune for their own.   They do however block a large amount off your credit card as a precaution but release it as soon as car is returned.  Stick to any on the airport, don't go for the ones that say off airport...

Offline ian-steele

• Supreme Member
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2016, 10:59. »
i have tried telling the taxi man where i want in g.a, and asking the fare, but they just reply ''meter''  on arrival @ g.a it shows 19euro but then he pressed button and it then shows 21.50 euro, is this normal practice ? The fare was to the former maxcoop
people who live in glass houses should undress in the dark !

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2016, 13:58. »
Interesting I think the meters must be all over the place my taxi last week was to the old maxcoop €16.50 on his meter !!!!

I suspect the extras is for luggage they usually charge for that I didn't have any

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2016, 15:53. »
Hi
Just to say we do not organise transfers to/from the airport!  But as many have said a taxi is around €20 depending on where you are dropped off in Gran Alacant  8)