Author Topic: BBC Tv  (Read 470 times)

Offline NickiH

BBC Tv
« on: February 26, 2024, 21:45. »
Hi everyone
We arrived at the weekend from England and seem to have a problem with BBC1 channel breaking up and pixelating. We haven’t had a problem in the past. I did an auto scan twice but it’s still happening. Is this a problem we have to put up with or has anyone rectified this ?

Offline burchd

BBC Tv
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2024, 17:22. »
What size dish are you using?
The BBC HD channels are on weaker signals than the old SD channels

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
BBC Tv
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2024, 19:34. »
If you have a decent internet connection you may be better off with an iptv system. Mine costs 10 euros a month and I have more channels than I can shake a stick at. Iptv boxes are available from £25 upwards off Ebay but I transport mine back and forward from the UK changing the wifi address when I arrive.

Offline NickiH

BBC Tv
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2024, 09:45. »
Thanks for both replying. We aren’t using a dish at all. It’s a smart TV but think it’s coming from the community. All other channels are okay it’s just BBC 1
We don’t have internet either I mostly use a cable from my phone to the TV to watch iPlayer and Netflix etc. I have unlimited data on my phone so that’s not a problem but the normal TV channels we are just getting from the community Ariel. 
When you pay 10 euros a month blue and white stripes is that just when you are here or do you pay every month regardless. May have to look at an IPTV box and get some internet again.  We stppped paying as it was 24 euros a month and then you didn’t pay when you left to go back to the UK but to reconnect it we had to pay 24 plus 24 to reconnect it which worked out quite expensive with Gran net at the time

Offline burchd

BBC Tv
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2024, 10:34. »
I do not know what box you are using,here is a list of BBC HD frequencies.
Some are stronger signals tan others .
https://www.satandpcguy.com/uk-tv-channels/bbc-tv-in-spain/bbc-satellite-frequencies/

You can see that they are not all on the same satellite,worth looking for them.

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
BBC Tv
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2024, 13:36. »
Hi NickiH.

I use the mag box in the UK as well so I have it at 120 euros a year. The mag box travels backward and forward with me every month.

I pay 22 euros a month (Closeness Fibre) for the wifi which is on permanently as I use it with a Blink security system to guard the house in Benissa.

Offline NickiH

BBC Tv
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2024, 11:10. »
Thank you everyone

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
BBC Tv
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2024, 13:20. »
I use a 1 4m dish and a Humax freesat box as my main TV box, I'm wondering if Freesat's days are numbered, Sky has laid off dish installers in the UK as its moving to Sky TV over IP broadband, if Sky dumps its services via satellite it will likely be game up for the satellite cluster that provides its services along side Freesat. Hg