Author Topic: Bridge into GA  (Read 4521 times)

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
Bridge into GA
« on: February 09, 2016, 09:29. »
See this on Facebook this morning..

http://cadenaser.com/emisora/2016/02/08/radio_elche/1454932122_607275.html

Hope the link works  :D

Sian

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Bridge into GA
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 09:38. »
Good find! A quick translation:

After many obstacles, as explained by the Councillor for Infrastructure Paco Soler, today have started the rehabilitation and adaptation of the bridge Gran Alacant. It thus aims to improve the safety of this infrastructure so busy giving access and exit to the area of ​​Santa Pola by 332.

In mid-November the company works TECOPSA were awarded, and it is expected that these works have a lead time of a period of approximately three months. Paco Soler has also indicated that the total cost of this investment is around 400,000 euros.

Councilman thanked the technical services of the City of Santa Pola their full involvement in this project that will provide security connections Gran Alacant with country road. It has also asked the neighbours patience during the development.

They are provided security features highly complex due to the enormous detours and traffic in the area. However, later and as work progresses, they will be revealing and explaining these deviations as well as alternatives for drivers.

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Bridge into GA
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 11:27. »
So, do we know when works will start and how we will access GA if bridge closed?

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Bridge into GA
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 11:49. »
Through Arenales coming from the airport I guess - the way in from Santa Pola shouldnt be affected
BeachLife

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Bridge into GA
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 12:56. »
Don't worry. I fully expect they have thought it all through very carefully indeed. I am going to sit and wait to be fully informed.

My only concern is that Loretta isn't on hand to give it her special project management magic, but am sure it will be ok anyway.

Offline bertdove

• Galactic Member
Bridge into GA
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 13:12. »
Hope Miguel, the ex-mayor, is there for a photo-op!

Bert

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Bridge into GA
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 14:09. »
If there's a chance he'll be there Bert, bet you he'll be wearing his favourite jeans and blazer ;-)

Regards all

John
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 16:44. by John Hannon »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Bridge into GA
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2016, 18:50. »
Im sure if it comes in 6 months late, isnt fit for purpose and is twice over budget there will be the usual political spin selling the debacle as a triumph for Santa Pola council
They dont like it up em !

Offline bertdove

• Galactic Member
Bridge into GA
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2016, 20:22. »
Possibly, but we have a new council in place of the PP following the elections.  We can but hope...

Bert

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Bridge into GA
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2016, 21:04. »
Just hope they don't start the works in the summer as it will be a nightmare trying to get into GA if bridge shut

Offline margate john

Bridge into GA
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2016, 21:10. »
400,000 Euros ... hmmm!  I seem to remember someone saying that the cost of the fountain and roundabout by the school was 168,000 Euros, so it may not be that major a project after all!

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Bridge into GA
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2016, 21:51. »
400k might buy us new white lines :)

Seriously I truly hope this one works out. A new entrance will benefit everyone, and make the whole area shine, we can but hope (and enjoy the scenery of Santa Pola de Este on the way home)

I'm worried because 400k seems to me to only be four of five times what it should actually cost. I'd expect for it to be a real success we might need at least ten times the true cost, so I wait with trepidation.

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Bridge into GA
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2016, 07:55. »
My thoughts as well looking at previous infrastructure work, this 400k might get the weeds removed, the railings painted and a nice new sign.
They dont like it up em !

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
Bridge into GA
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2016, 08:45. »
Other than the slip road being a bit iffy, I can't see what's wrong with it.

Offline Keith and Jen

Bridge into GA
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2016, 09:00. »
It cost over 500K euro for the new market.  That site would have been better used for the new school.

Keith
Experience is what you get just after you need it.