Author Topic: URGENT: Locksmith wanted  (Read 4168 times)

Offline Big D

URGENT: Locksmith wanted
« on: February 02, 2016, 19:59. »
Need a locksmith available tonight in the Los Arenales area. Is anyone available or know of anyone who can help?

Offline Big D

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 20:15. »
Thanks for your reply I have tried them but are charging a crazy amount.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 20:19. »
Ive just deleted the post mate..........a quick check on them told me that there might be a problem

You could try Richard Hackett Locksmith on 966 734 517

I think he's located near Quesada..........he once quoted me on a job, wasnt too far off the ball park
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 20:22. by John Hannon »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Calsh

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 20:32. »
Contact Eddie (Altomar Furnishings), he advertises in All Abroad magazine (link on main page), he has helped it neighbours who were robbed and he is based in Gran Alacant.
Cheers
Cal

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 20:54. »
Hackett has gone a while back, moved to Australia I think

We use Phil Simpson 635 146 181 - great guy :-)

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 21:07. »
Better delete Richards number from my mobile!!

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 21:24. »
Not that i can remember his name, but last summer we lost the key at 2am to our high security multi point locking front door. Our lovely spanish neighbour called the locksmith who arrived from alicante not 20 minutes later. It took him on arrival at the front door just 25 seconds to gain entry, charging just 3euro a second for the pleasure, in all fairness at 2am with all the family in the street worth every penny. Lesson learnt fitted a key safe
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 21:26. by victor »
They dont like it up em !

Offline Big D

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 17:26. »
Many thanks to all who gave advice regarding a locksmith on Tuesday evening.  After talking to Phil as recommended by Alicante holiday villas  my wife and sister are now in an hotel in Santa Pola and dhl are  in the process of taking the keys to Spain hopefully by Friday  if easy jet had kept the door of the plane open in Belfast for another 30 seconds the keys would have been on the plane after a speedy run to the airport by my son.  Sitting here at home myself in a damp Northern Ireland badly out of pocket and the wife and sister fuming in Spain!   What a first post on the forum to have to make!  Once again thanks to all.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 17:38. »
Couldnt the locksmith get them in D ?
BeachLife

Offline Big D

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2016, 18:47. »
Hi rich and sue. The locksmith could have got them in but when I described the door to him he advised it would be a major job and recommended hotel in Santa Pola as alternative for a few days.  Very honest I thought.  Another Spanish company I spoke to were quoting an approx price which would cover a stay in the Melia by the harbour in Alicante!!

Offline Keith and Jen

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2016, 13:52. »
It's useful to have a 'keyholder' close by.  For a small fee our keyholder checks on the house regularly when we are in the UK and would let us know if there was anything amiss.  We also keep a spare set of keys hidden in the house.  It is worth exploring the possibility of leaving a set of keys with a trustworthy neighbour.  You may even find that the cost of house/contents insurance is lower.

Keith
Experience is what you get just after you need it.

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2016, 15:43. »
We have a key safe hidden on walk behind garden furniture. Only had to use it once and was very glad we had it. We just check it every now and again - keys are always still there .  A good investment me thinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

granalacant

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2016, 18:54. »
normal price in Alicante for changing keys (plus the actual lock etc) is 100 euros. So ... don t know how many seconds the guy was there but - if he had to travel etc.

Offline tony and lesley

• paradise is GA
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2016, 14:12. »
Fail safe system,   An empty water bottle ,spare key wrapped in WD40 tissue and bury it in the garden ,

Its rescued me twice after wind blown door shut