Author Topic: We've all seen this view...........  (Read 2602 times)

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
We've all seen this view...........
« on: February 02, 2016, 19:21. »
............although I've never videod it!!

Prefer the flight down the coast and come in over Urbanova myself

Regards all

John

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 23:49. »
Yep, been there and enjoyed that once or twice although I also prefer the approach from the sea. Bit of a stretch though describing it as the last 100 miles, probably closer to 40 ☺

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 07:56. »
I agree. Nine minutes actually in the air at probably max 250 knots and five of those with flaps out at around 150 knots. Could even be sub forty miles. Perhaps we should run a competition by identifying the terrain in Google earth and calculating the distance.  ;)

Offline ian-steele

• Supreme Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 11:48. »
at the end of video all the law abiding people ignore the crew instruction & unfasten seat belts use mobile phone stand in isles getting their luggage then block the isles & stand for 20 mins to await the doors to open, why they don't allow the first 10 rows to go first etc etc is beyond me.
people who live in glass houses should undress in the dark !

Offline Keith and Jen

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 13:34. »
I am amazed at why people insist in standing right next to the luggage carousel in arrivals.  Presumably to see their luggage as soon as possible.  If only everyone stood a metre or so away from the conveyor belt they and others would be able to see much better and then just need to take a step forward at the appropriate moment.  There would also be room to manoeuvre the items without colliding with other passengers.

There's nowt so queer as folk.

Keith
Experience is what you get just after you need it.

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 08:39. »
Not that I've had hold luggage for ages but if people designated one person from their group who stood sideways on facing against the direction of the carousels travel, they would find it the most efficient method.

Offline bramleylad

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2016, 21:47. »
I can never understand why people jump up as soon as the plane comes to a halt ,where are they going to go unless they are going to jump 20 feet to the tarmac THERES NO BLOODY STEPS!! >:( , sorry pet hate of mine lol

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2016, 13:21. »
I can never understand why people jump up as soon as the plane comes to a halt ,where are they going to go unless they are going to jump 20 feet to the tarmac THERES NO BLOODY STEPS!! >:( , sorry pet hate of mine lol

Classic!   8) 8) 8) 8) 8)