Author Topic: Furniture purchases  (Read 3184 times)

Offline thedallas1

Furniture purchases
« on: January 18, 2016, 19:21. »
Hi folks, Following my previous post looking for help with my empty shell of an apartment I now have someone to put my kitchen in, plus got all my white goods delivered and ready for that...all thanks to you folks on here! I am very grateful!
So here I am again, looking for advice....this time looking for some furniture,I have looked at conformation but my iPad won't translate the site and many smaller places in the area do not have websites, initially we need a double bed, couch, maybe two, table and chairs and then we will build up as we go along, as we have lamps etc from previous place. Any ideas? There are some sales around it seems so a w ebsite where I could purchase to deliver in a month ideal, otherwise any other advice appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline thedallas1

Furniture purchases
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 19:22. »
That should have read Conforama....

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
Furniture purchases
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 22:41. »
http://www.muebleshnosgarcia.com/?lang=en

We brought a double bed plus mattress from here. Bed base and mattress were both cheaper than conforma

Offline loser

Furniture purchases
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 06:49. »
El corte Ingles have some nice stuff, and if you shop for more then 300 euro they deliver it home for free (I think GA delivery is Tuesday and Fridays).

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Furniture purchases
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 08:14. »
Pleased to say we've not been let down on deliver dates by any of the companies we've dealt with.
Our last few purchase have been made locally and their customer service has been exceptional
Banak Importa and K+ down at The Commercial Centre

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline thedallas1

Furniture purchases
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 08:50. »
Thanks for your help folks, Sookie, we won't be driving so what is best way to get there or did you order online?

Offline denandrose

Furniture purchases
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 09:56. »
Just to let you know that when buying a bed, the mattress and base are sold separately, we have had all our beds from K+ in the G A centre, they have catalogues of many different mattresses and bases as well as those in store.

Offline thedallas1

Furniture purchases
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2016, 18:28. »
Thanks denandrose

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
Furniture purchases
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 11:02. »
We drove there.

Must admit never thought of the furniture shop near the centre. Will be taking a look in there when next out.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Furniture purchases
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2016, 11:30. »
With both of them Sookie a little bit of humming and harring over the price will secure you an easy 10% off the price

Regards all

John

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline MikeH

Furniture purchases
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2016, 13:16. »
Last year we toured round looking for good furniture shops ready for this year when we want to replace a lot of the original starter pack furniture. The one with the largest range was Muebles Hnos.García,(web link above). It's massive, has everything in room settings, does an extensive range of outdoor furniture plus electrical goods. Turn off for the Carrefour, pass Lidl and it's on the right.

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
Furniture purchases
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2016, 18:21. »
Hi mikes
I can't fine the web link also what is the full address going from G/A
Cheers
Steve

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Furniture purchases
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2016, 09:26. »
They've got three shops in Torrevieja Steve, all dead easy to find, if you google them you'll find the addresses
To get to the one Mike refers to go down the 332 till past Guardamar, turn right onto the Lemon Tree Rd, after 4 or 5 km you'll come to a roundabout, take a left onto the dual carriageway heading to Torrevieja, after 3 or 4 km you'll see the shop on the left
An easier branch to find, and from memory a bigger branch is the one closer to central Torrevieja. Down the 332, take the slip road on the right for central Torrevieja, follow the road and you'll come to quite a few furniture shops, Garcias is on the left just after a roundabout, plenty of parking available
We used them about 10 years ago to replace all our bedroom furniture, no problems at all
We looked earlier last year as we where looking for a new suite, in all honesty we found then rather old fashioned
There's a big furniture shop on the 332 just after the Lemon Tree Rd turn off, great selection, bit pricier but far better quality
Hope this helps

Regards all

John

Offline MikeH

Furniture purchases
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2016, 16:41. »
Hi, didn’t know they had 3, I was referring to the one just down from the huge Carrefour in Torrevieja, Sookie’s link above take you to their website, with maps/locations.
Agree with John the one on the right just after the lemon tree road is better quality. That said if you just want a bed go to K+ in GA Centre. Bought our mattress there and always prefer to support local shops if price/service etc. is as good as elsewhere.

Mike

Offline euroland

Furniture purchases
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2016, 21:37. »
Everyone thinks they are dear, have bought a few mattresses there top quality,

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk