Author Topic: Internet question  (Read 1538 times)

Offline Bumpkinblue

Internet question
« on: January 07, 2016, 23:32. »
Hi everyone,
Help!We purchased a house in GA just before Christmas but only had the chance to stay one night before going back to Blighty.
We are coming out again on 12th Feb - 17th Feb and because our severely autistic son cannot exist without his beloved YouTube we need wireless internet up and running at some point during our stay so it is at least set up for when we come out again later in the year.
Sorry if this seems a daft question but in Britain when you move into a property you contact one of the big companies (Sky,Virgin etc) who send you a wireless box to plug in.We need wireless internet but have noticed some of the small local firms offering the Internet for a monthly fee - how would we go about arranging for it to be done? Do the local firms have to come round and fit it or can we pick a box up from them?Are the local firms going to be around to provide the Internet in the long term?I'm not a techie so am hoping there's not a lot involved!
Many thanks in advance for any replies.

Offline Andy L

Internet question
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 11:40. »
We had our internet supplied and fitted by Grannet, I arranged everything whilst in the UK via email and they fitted it on the agreed date as well as providing a wireless router.
They have been around for quite a while so I wouldn't think you would have any issues.
I can only comment on my experience and there are other suppliers.

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
Internet question
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 11:54. »
We would recommend GATV which are situated at the top of the hill in the 'old' Gran Alacant buildings opposite the new market. Their customer service is second to none  8)

Offline Barry former GA Advertiser

Internet question
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 12:55. »
Yes, GA TV, they advertise in the local magazine    www.granalacantadvertiser.com    which you can read online

Offline burchd

Internet question
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 13:14. »

Thoroughly recommend GATV.

Speed is ideal for Ipad streaming,downloading BBC Iplayer and their customer service is excellent,have not been off line in 5 years.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Internet question
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2016, 13:58. »
As above GATV, great service, I know I've tried the others!!

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Internet question
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2016, 14:39. »
We use GranNet and speed via their fibre optic cable is great for downloading etc