Author Topic: New apartment and lots of work required  (Read 4952 times)

Offline thedallas1

New apartment and lots of work required
« on: December 03, 2015, 20:12. »
Hi all, need some serious help here, in the process of buying a new apartment, ave Escandanavia (I think) right beside the sports centre. The building work has been taken over and the apartments completed in basic but I need a kitchen fitting (including washer plumbed in etc) light fittings put in, shower screens putting up, basically the place is a shell.
The sale should be happening next week but no amenities on until , well as long as that takes, so looking at coming over early to mid January to get some estimates for work that needs doing. I need advice on types of lighting also, and I have no transport so also advice as the best way to access the fittings etc, and I am on a budget....tall order I know but if anyone is up for helping and reasonably priced, and qualified then I would be very interested to hear from you....or just anyone with any ideas/tips as to how I could get this done. First priority is electrics and kitchen as then could move in and do rest as and when....would be great to hear from anyone interested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline GA Advertiser

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 21:36. »
Plenty of advertisers in the local magazine at
www.granalacantadvertiser.com

Offline mike and judith

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 10:24. »
Also bear in mind that, unlike UK, when you buy washing machines, fridges, light fittings, mirrors etc., if you buy from dealers rather than Carrefour, the shop will fit these items for you.
It's a brilliant system, & can actually work out cheaper in the long run, as well as offering a much wider choice.

Offline thedallas1

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 13:22. »
Hey mike and Judith, many thanks for that top tip, had no idea!

Offline thedallas1

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 13:24. »
So can you recommend light shop, need lights for everywhere, would they all be fitted free? Also need washer, would that be plumbed in?

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 14:36. »
I've replaced every light fitting in our house and no one offered to fit them for me!!
I must have gone to the wrong shops, it was out with the steps for me.
I have had a new dishwasher from Euronics in GA, they connected it to the existing connections already in place from the deceased dishwasher......if you have no inlet taps/waste outlet I doubt they would plum all that in free of charge

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline GA Advertiser

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 16:19. »
bought a new washing machine from Euronics and they installed it completely

go to them for everything electrical, best in the area, nothing is too much trouble

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 16:23. »
If they cant do they will recommend someone. Even call them for you

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2015, 22:11. »
Weve bought lots of white goods from euronics which they install as part of the service, but that is to existing fittings which take minutes to complete, anybody with basic diy skills could do the same. Like john any light fittings or items that require a trade person, ie electrician or plumber you fit yourself or the retailer as in euronics will arrange a local tradesmen who charge there own fees. If anybody knows of a shop that does all this free please let me know.
They dont like it up em !

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2015, 09:17. »
When I bought 14 years ago the shop that was below Masa fitted all my lights free of charge . Don't know what shops do now but euronics do fit wasihing machines etc .. I suspect all properties in Spain built in last 20 years have the connection etc already in

Offline mike and judith

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2015, 10:40. »
Same experience as Spurs.
Shop we used was in Torrevieja, but regrettably, can't remember the name.
They fitted light fittings, soap dishes, bathroom cabinets, mirrors, the whole shebanhg.
Spent the whole. day at it, & it was an effort selecting our shopping, but we went with a list for each room, & they arrived 2 days later & crash-bang, job done.

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2015, 14:17. »
Yes we had same experience as Mike and Judith. The name Linea or similar rings a bell.

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2015, 21:43. »
Are you referring to the packages of various grades and prices which included everything from a bed to a soap dish, we also went to torreivieja with an enormous list and yes they did fit everything but i cant remember it being free just part of the overall package cost which i hindsight we paid far too much for poor quality  items which we have since replaced. But again if anyone knows of shops who install free of charge with no inflated item cost please let us know.
They dont like it up em !

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2015, 22:31. »
No mine was definately not a package . We viewed the package but we're not happy with the quality can't remember the name of the shop but it's been gone years anyway . But I do remember at the time that anywhere in Santa pola seemed to fit things .

For a kitchen I would probably go with Eddie stokes sorry don't have a number

Offline thedallas1

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2015, 07:13. »
Thanks to all for your help