Author Topic: Double Glazing  (Read 1097 times)

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
Double Glazing
« on: October 25, 2015, 14:37. »
A fortnight ago when the wife was out and the night it tanked down with rain it poured in through the galleria doors into the main bedroom( downstairs apartment on Altomar 2 ) and since then we have wondered about the best best way to stop it doing it again. The only thing we can think is if we got the doors replaced with a double glazed unit. Has anybody done this and which firm did they use.

Thanks Graham

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Double Glazing
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 17:02. »
Have you thought about putting a rain deflector above the doors to push it out away from glass it may be a lot cheaper especially as it doesn't often rain that bad . We had leaks on both main doors in really bad rain but fitted deflectors to bottom and it cured it luckily our patio door hasn't leaked yet !!!!

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
Double Glazing
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 19:51. »
Thanks for getting back to me Spurs. The problem is not the normal type of rain ,it's when it comes down in torrents and then the drain in the small plane galleria cannot cope and then it floods to above the level of the runners and the pours into the bedroom and I mean pours.

Graham

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Double Glazing
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 22:16. »
If it's that high I don't think even double glazing will help I think you problem is more to do with the runaways I would look at them to make sure there are no obstructions and that the floor is correctly sloped towards them maybe look at cutting another one through to help the flow do you have guttering on any roofs that feed the area as that would take a huge amount away and would be loads cheaper than new doors as even they would not be water tight if they go under water at the bottom