Author Topic: Car Hire - full-full???  (Read 1783 times)

Offline Loulou

Car Hire - full-full???
« on: August 23, 2015, 12:04. »
Morning everyone

My husband and I are coming to GA in early September, as we do every year. We have been looking at car hire charges and in previous years we have always chosen the full/full option. We don't travel much while In GA as we tend to spend the days on the beach. However, what I have noticed this year is that now, on the full/full option,  companies are precharging for a full tank of petrol and refunding the cost when you return the car full,  at an inflated price less any refuelling charges and admin charges of course!

We have never ever had to prepay for petrol on full/full. Just bring it back full. Has anyone else noticed this change?? Is this the latest car hire con?!

Offline euroland

Car Hire - full-full???
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 16:07. »
I have just done a car hire with hirecarsinspain, they don't do that, always just return it full.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Car Hire - full-full???
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 16:50. »
I don't think they do this . Normally the credit card fuel payment does not go through until after its returned

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Car Hire - full-full???
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 17:17. »
It's not often that I hire full full as I tend to do longer hires, however when I have I've been charged for a tank full up front and then credited for any remaining fuel on returning the car.
Makes sense to me to do it this way, if the company didn't charge you for a tank full up front they would be possibly be left in a position of chasing you for more money if you didn't bring it back full

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Loulou

Car Hire - full-full???
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2015, 17:19. »
Thanks for your replies. Euro land, thanks for the link. I did a quote and checked the fuel policy of the first quote, which was dickmanns and they do precharge for a full tank of petrol and refund when returned. I haven't checked the others yet though.

I have never come across this before.

Offline euroland

Car Hire - full-full???
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2015, 18:24. »
I usually use Drivalia, on the car hire site you scroll down to the full for full option, never had to do it with them.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Car Hire - full-full???
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2015, 22:00. »
I hired with Dickmans in April, full/full, no upfront asked for or taken, just brought it back full and had it signed off as such. Maybe a policy change?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Mike and Jane Hopper