Author Topic: Rugby  (Read 2718 times)

Offline mike and judith

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Rugby
« on: May 31, 2015, 00:32. »
Northampton robbed.
Bath failed to turn up
So much wrong with the way the game has gone.
Money has killed what, for me, was the best sport with the best of ethics, code of acceptable behaviours, & general standards without being snobbish.
Standards & traditions have gone, sadly.
On the plus side, the game is faster, more watchable, & as a spectator sport, attractive.
Bit of a conundrum really. Will football change with the scandal?
Somehow feel the money involved is TOO obscene.

Offline Registered

Rugby
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 08:32. »
Money has killed football.

A player will dive, con, cheat - even bite. Win at all costs mentality is fueled by money. I'd rather watch lower league than have our players rolling about so they earn their Euro 30000.

totally agree with eaststandman money has ruined the game i watched espanyol v valencia last night and the cheating was unbelievable and its the same in english football i wonder what jimmy scoular charley hurley tom finney stan mathews would think if they could see how the game has gone although my boy goes home and away to watch boscombe i feel sorry for him having to watch the cheating that goes on now when i was lucky enough to see the game played how it should be and the players were payed a reasonable amount i prefer watching dorchester than boscombe now the standard might not be as good but its the nearest you will get to a proper game of football

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Rugby
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 09:35. »
Overheard last night;-
'What do you call a Scotsman with the Rugby World Cup ?'
'The Engraver'

Offline mike and judith

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Rugby
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 22:29. »
NOT Scots, but, they,be done the best of the northern hemisphere sides, & arguably deserved better.
Hope I live for 4 more years, cos our lot should have matured (& be better coached)by then.

Offline mike and judith

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Rugby
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 20:34. »
It's a start, & Scotland played well too.
Can't see either side losing to France or Italy on today's showing.
How about tomorrow then???

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Rugby
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 12:06. »
Bring it on! Off to Lansdowne Road ( sorry, have to call it Aviva don't we ) in a few hours time to cheer on the lads in green. Going to get soaked I reckon but the Guinness will dull the pain ☺

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Rugby
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 12:53. »
Should be a great game, would be good to see Rory Best kicking off his role as captain with a win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Lesue

Rugby
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2016, 14:39. »
Well, I thought you were all friends of mine ! Being a Cardiff boy I am strongly supporting Wales of course but the Irish always frighten me to death every time we play them. Been to Ireland many times in my heyday supporting Wales, lovely people, friendly and so welcoming on match day. I think I have visited most of the bars in Dublin at some time or other. This afternoon should turn out to be a cracking game.

Offline mike and judith

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Rugby
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2016, 00:53. »
All over, probably a fair result, & what can you say?
2 defences that will make any side struggle, but you can see why rugby league only play 13 a side.
Lots more to come.
Good weekends in prospect!