Author Topic: Posting a parcel  (Read 331 times)

Offline NickiH

Posting a parcel
« on: October 28, 2023, 18:44. »
If I want to post a small parcel from Spain to the UK does the Post Office in Gran Alacant take it and post it or do I need to use a service like UPS or FedEx please ?
Thank you

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
Posting a parcel
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2023, 22:27. »
Earlier this year I looked into this and found it cheaper to just book a suitcase and bring the item home. Mine was a bike part that could have possibly gone into my hand luggage but didn’t want to take the chance as it was a part that I couldn’t get back at home.

Offline NickiH

Posting a parcel
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2023, 10:44. »
Thank you Sookie
How do people who live in Spain post Birthday and Christmas presents back to the UK. It’s very odd there doesn’t seem to be a proper postal system ?
Thank you for your advice. It was just a few small things I wanted to post but will probably try to get them in my hand luggage 🤞

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Posting a parcel
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2023, 14:55. »
The post office in GA does handle parcels ok, though I don't know if there is a size limit or not. A few years ago, I posted a small package back to the UK, it arrived in about a week, can't recall the postage cost now but I don't think it was excessive. Also posted a parcel within Spain, about the same size as a "small parcel" would be in UK, registered, arrived next day.

Best thing would be to call in to the PO and ask, I find the staff there helpful.
Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline NickiH

Posting a parcel
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2023, 22:02. »
Thank you Alficionado. I will enquire at the post office
Regards  Nicola