Author Topic: Prescription  (Read 509 times)

Offline MikeandPat41

Prescription
« on: July 31, 2023, 16:59. »
We are spending 2 months in GA so will run out of Thyroxine. NHS will not prescribe enough to last, so can we buy in the pharmacy.?

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Prescription
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2023, 19:20. »
Have you spoken to your doctor I had no trouble getting 3 months worth of my prescription  you can buy a lot over counter mine is for sale in pharmacy but I don’t know about that one

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Prescription
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2023, 21:43. »
The big problem is the cost of drugs from Spanish  chemists, some stuff surprisingly cheap though, I forgot to take my Atorvastatins with me last year, bought a 30 day pack from the chemist next to Consumes, was €40.

Offline SueB

Prescription
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2023, 14:43. »
The first time we asked our GP for a 2 months supply because we were going on holiday, our request was ignored, so I phoned the surgery and explained that we were going on holiday and another prescription was raised. Since then we have requested a 2 months supply of my husband's tablets on several occasions using the online repeat prescription form and just putting in the notes section that we are going on holiday and we have received it. The only thing is, the pharmacy our prescriptions go to, will not make the prescription up until we have gone in and said that we have requested the 2 months supply because of going on holiday. I always like to take extra tablets with us in case he catches COVID or some illness which may delay us returning to the UK as scheduled.

Offline MikeandPat41

Prescription
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2023, 17:12. »
Thank you everyone for your replies. We requested 3 months because we will run out in the last week of holiday. Surgery replied as we have had two lots of two months since last September they will only give us two months. Absolutely ridiculous. So we would have to come back early or risk becoming ill. So I messaged the pharmacy in G A and they sell over the counter for a reasonable price. That’s what we will do but I’m not happy about it.

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Prescription
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2023, 18:53. »
I as standard get two months of my prescription.

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Prescription
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2023, 18:57. »
It may help if you take your copy of the prescription that is issued when you collect your pills from your usual Chemist and show it to the Spanish dispenser.

Offline ian-steele

• Supreme Member
Prescription
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2023, 11:48. »
we got stranded in G.A for 4 months during covis, only had 2 months supply from our U.K chemist, so showed the pharamacy our U/K PERSCIPTION, BUT COST 250 EURO,  Would not except our S.I.P card we had to get a spanish percription but we were unable access to the medical centre
people who live in glass houses should undress in the dark !