Author Topic: Tax?  (Read 396 times)

Offline SueB

Tax?
« on: April 19, 2023, 23:17. »
We have just arrived in Gran Alacant to find an Aviso de Llegada/Alison de Recepcio in our mailbox from the Correos. As we were not here to collect whatever it is from the Correos it has been returned to the sender which apparently was Agencia Tributaria. Is this the tax office? Has anyone received a similar communication recently from Agencia Tributaria? Sue

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Tax?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2023, 21:25. »
Hi Sue,

It is the tax office and if it was sent Registered ( as the Aviso de Llegada would suggest ) it must have been something important.

I am sure they are well used to this situation with holiday home owners, must be quite a few letters get returned.

I must go down and check our mail box, haven't looked at it for about 10 days, just in case.
Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline SueB

Tax?
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2023, 13:57. »
Hi Aficionado,

Thank you for your reply. As you confirmed that it was the tax office we decided to go into Alicante and find their office. Unfortunately an appointment was necessary so we were given a telephone number and a website to go onto. Tried phoning, but the lady who answered the phone did  not speak English and as I do not speak Spanish we did not get very far. Then I tried the website, but although I could get the initial page translated, it went down hill after that because it reverted back to Spanish. My only hope now is to contact our solicitors who work out our annual tax bill.

Thank you once again for your help.

Sue