Author Topic: BBC TV signal  (Read 1602 times)

Offline NickiH

BBC TV signal
« on: March 04, 2023, 07:09. »
Having arrived last weekend we have had quite a bit of interference on BBC1.  We understood that the BBC have got rid of the standard BBC and we are left with the HD version on the GA TV mast. Is anyone else having TV problems with BBC since it changed. Constant break up of picture despite retuning it etc. we told  Gestifinc who sent an engineer out and he was going to look at the Mast but he hasn’t returned. We have a smart TV so really shouldn’t be a problem but 🤷‍♀️. Any ideas would be gratefully received. Thank you

Offline Debbie macleod

BBC TV signal
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2023, 07:56. »
Yes the same. It’s rubbish!

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
BBC TV signal
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2023, 17:17. »
It's also going to be interesting for those of us who have our own Freesat dishes and recievers what with the SD channels gone from the BBC, the HD BBC channels aren't that strong and I suspect in the heat of summer they will dissappear, In the cooler months I get Dave, Yesterday and Drama channels but they all dissappear in the hot months, I've got a 1.4m dish, wish I'd gone for a 1 9m but they are very expensive.

Offline Paublo

BBC TV signal
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2023, 20:06. »
Just on a different note. Did you know that on most new tv,s in Spain a good few channels can be changed to English language by changing settings on remote.

Offline ian-steele

• Supreme Member
BBC TV signal
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2023, 12:02. »
yes 30 second job
people who live in glass houses should undress in the dark !

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
BBC TV signal
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2023, 10:43. »
Some good news, I did a first time installation on my Humax freesat box and the BBC HD channels are strong, get 1, 2, 3 and 4 not on the expected channell listing though so need to hunt around the channell list and note where they are.

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
BBC TV signal
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2023, 15:43. »
Kevin we’ve always had a big dish and freesat tv in Spain usually running a sky receiver, I’ve been looking at renewing my box and the human Manhattan seems to get good reviews, which one do you have?

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
BBC TV signal
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2023, 17:29. »
Hi Wilson , I run two recievers off our 1.4m dish, one reciever I'd a Manhattan Freesat box and the other is a ten year old Humax Freesat box, the Manhattan I bought for ten quid in a charity shop and works very well. When I had the dish installed it came with a cheap Satellite box , not a Freesat model, where the Freesat boxes will update over night and add or find moved channels if left on standby the non Freesat boxes don't and are a source of irritation for me. I regret not going for a 1.9m dish but they are hugely expensive, still my 1.4m is working  well, I've bought a spare new LNB for it in case the original fails.

Offline burchd

BBC TV signal
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2023, 18:50. »
I have a 1.9 dish and run 2 Sky boxes which were SD.
I purchased 2 Sky + HD DRX 890 boxes on EBay to ensure all of the BBC HD channels.
All working A1.

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
BBC TV signal
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2023, 13:52. »
Doe you have a splitter or double LNB to run 2 boxes ??

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
BBC TV signal
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2023, 21:55. »
The installation came with an LNB with two output ports, just one used, I installed a second cable to the upstairs TV, a very basic setup as I don't have recording boxes.

Offline ian-steele

• Supreme Member
BBC TV signal
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2023, 12:28. »
my son just back from g.a says can only receive itv with our freesat dish.  Gason used to solve our tv problems, does any one have his phone No ?
people who live in glass houses should undress in the dark !

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
BBC TV signal
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2023, 19:28. »
Hi Ian I was out last week , BBC is there but you have to scroll through all the regions to find one that works amazingly for us it was BBC Scotland or Yorkshire . Channel 4 and 5 were both fine BBC 2 was ok as well

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
BBC TV signal
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2023, 07:43. »
Has anyone considered using an unlimited data SIM in a Mifi and streaming your TV programmes? A VPN should get you round the BBC block on iPlayer abroad.

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
BBC TV signal
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2023, 08:32. »
I've sat on the Carabassi strip and connected to one of the bar wifis and I'm blocked from using iplayer with or without my phone vpn on or off, the BBC obviously know Nortons VPN IP addresses. Has anyone had any luck with other vpn providers ?