Author Topic: Spain overtakes both UK and USA in terms of fully vaccinating the population  (Read 497 times)

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
Spain 🇪🇸 has now SURPASSED both the UK 🇬🇧 and the USA 🇺🇲 now in percentage terms of population fully vaccinated 💉💉 against Covid-19! 😎
Well done Spain! 🇪🇸💪🇪🇸

https://bit.ly/2TzlrOb

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Whilst Spain has done exceedingly well to catch up I do think it’s a bit of an apples and pears comparison, Malta is doing brilliantly but only half a million live there, Iceland have nearly finished but population of 360k. The relevant comparison will be when the initial vaccination program finishes in each country the UK is near 90% on first so likely to be similar with both jabs. France will be lucky to get to 60% as will many others, it’s a long road ahead of boosters and vaccine adjustments.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Great result for Spain , the uk seems to have hit the wall now on first jabs with only about 40k a day being done compared with a record day of 600k we are stuck on 88% first jab the second jab is at 70%

I think getting the final 12% done is going to be problematic as they are obviously the die hard anti vax group .

My personal view is now is the time to start imposing penalties on non vax for no good reason, im in  favour of covid passports to go to any indoor public place including shops pubs theatre cinema trains buses etc and any outside mass events like football etc. I don’t include anyone who can’t have it for a medical reason

Controversial I know but that’s my view

Offline Derek

• Galactic Member
Hi

This might be fake news. 70.5% of the UK adult population are now fully vaccinated as of last Saturday and just over 50% of the Spanish population are fully vaccinated. How does this put Spain in front of the UK?

54.3 percent of the Spanish population had already received the complete vaccination schedule against Covid-19 on Saturday.

UK> Overall, 88.1% of the adult population – 46,589,211 – have had a first vaccine dose.

The figures show 70.5% of the population – 37,287,384 people – are now fully vaccinated.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 18:45. by Derek »

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Hi

This might be fake news. 70.5% of the UK adult population are now fully vaccinated as of last Saturday and just over 50% of the Spanish population are fully vaccinated. How does this put Spain in front of the UK?

54.3 percent of the Spanish population had already received the complete vaccination schedule against Covid-19 on Saturday.

UK> Overall, 88.1% of the adult population – 46,589,211 – have had a first vaccine dose.

The figures show 70.5% of the population – 37,287,384 people – are now fully vaccinated.

In all fairness I didn’t want to quote these figures which are today’s as given on the BBC. What will count is the amount that remain unvaccinated through choice whose decision could undermine the whole program indefinitely. I saw that in the NE of England vaccination centres fully staffed, piles of vaccines yet no customers, they have hit the buffers on take up at only 50%, which doesn’t bode well going forward.

Offline martin

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations
See this link for figures on Our World in Data

and from the BBC
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-55855220

Real story is that the vaccinations are increasing and the sooner all countries are covered the better for all.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
I was going to go to our worksite in Blyth in Northumberland. But with cases at over 1000 / 100,000 doesnt seem worth the risk. Because I have the track and trace app on my phone I am bound to get "pinged "

Hi

In all fairness I didn’t want to quote these figures which are today’s as given on the BBC. What will count is the amount that remain unvaccinated through choice whose decision could undermine the whole program indefinitely. I saw that in the NE of England vaccination centres fully staffed, piles of vaccines yet no customers, they have hit the buffers on take up at only 50%, which doesn’t bode well going forward.
BeachLife

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
It seems our policy of getting as many people having their first vaccination is the correct stragety, apparently this makes it more difficult to infect people even when they've only had the first shot, it also means that if you get infected after having one jab you carry a significantly lower viral load and this makes you more unlikely to infect other people thus driving down infection.