Author Topic: Canary Islands  (Read 1812 times)

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Canary Islands
« on: October 31, 2020, 11:51. »
As DaveG mentioned in a earlier post - there has now been a "Boletin" issued today for the Canaries

My notes having read it-
1. APPLIES TO ANYONE AGED 6+  (This is a significant change from the final draft which said 12+)
2. A PCR or Rapid Antigen Test performed within 72 hours of arrival is sufficient, provided you have documentation showing your name, date, lab who performed test and a negative result. (Note- the decree says a test which shows active infection status so a blood antibody test is not allowed).
3. Customers must download and keep active (for the duration of their stay and for 15 days after return to their home country) the RADAR COVID mobile alert application (found on iOS or Google Play Store by searching 'Radar COVID' - This is available on the UK store and the language can be changed to English).

The decree states it will become law on the day following publication (1st November) and become enforceable 10 working days later. I calculate this as Friday 13th November 2020.

The decree states that the testing requirement will remain in force for further notice, until the government declare it no longer necessary.
Everything discussed in my video apart from the age requirement is correct.

Source: - http://www.gobiernodecanarias.org/boc/2020/223/
BeachLife

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Canary Islands
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2020, 21:07. »
Cheers Beachlife I hadn't seen that reported anywhere. Not planning on going myself but passed info to brother in law who is hopefully going early December. His wife is an NHS Sister so testing shouldn't be an issue.

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Canary Islands
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2020, 21:47. »
Dave i think your sister in law will find that NHS policy clearly states that the in house testing system must not be used as a fit to travel result. Any abuse of in house testing would lead to disciplinary action being taken. The private sector labs only charge £140 a test much better than wasting nhs resources and taxpayers money.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 21:49. by wilson »

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Canary Islands
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2020, 22:06. »
Dave i think your sister in law will find that NHS policy clearly states that the in house testing system must not be used as a fit to travel result. Any abuse of in house testing would lead to disciplinary action being taken. The private sector labs only charge £140 a test much better than wasting nhs resources and taxpayers money.

Wilson, talk about "party pooper"! This bloke's relative wants a dose of sunshine in the lovely safe Canary islands where infection rates are ar lower than the drizzly UK! Don't dissuade him from distracting his missus from looking after those dying old idiots. I say sign him up and send him over! Why should the Canaries have it any better than us!

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Canary Islands
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2020, 00:10. »
Here we go again.
The inhabitants of the Ivory Tower emerge blinking into the daylight and jumping to conclusions.
Did I say or imply that the NHS internal testing system would be abused - no.
Is it against any law, rule or regulation to travel to the Canaries after lockdown on December 2nd providing that the (very sensible) entry requirements are followed - no.
What's the problem guys, apart from it doesn't fit your agenda.

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Canary Islands
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2020, 09:36. »
Have a great holiday, thanks for update.
Ignore the usual suspects whining about anyone having a legitimate holiday, they are just miserable old sods!

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Canary Islands
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2020, 09:53. »
Nothing against anyone travelling anywhere that’s legal I’ve been to GA once since initial lockdown but Dave G to travel to an airport after Thursday in uk is illegal .
You can only go out for food medical reasons or exercise , so to go to an airport is illegal from tomorrow that was confirmed on the news

Offline chris and jackie

• Galactic Member
Canary Islands
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2020, 10:25. »
I think Dave clearly said the trip is December after lockdown finished

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Canary Islands
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2020, 12:29. »
Hi Spurs, yes as C&J say the holiday is, I think, Dec 8th. It's an annual thing that they book again as soon as they get back, so been booked since last December before Covid had surfaced.
Dave

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Canary Islands
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2020, 14:12. »
It’s interesting one of my mates is due to fly to GA Friday but now by law cannot travel to the airport but our friendly airline won’t refund either of his tickets because they say the flights are not cancelled, you couldn’t make this up .

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Canary Islands
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2020, 15:56. »
There was an article on BBC Radio yesterday that was about air travel during the lock down; the CEO of Easyjet was quoted as saying they would cancel most flights from / to the UK for the duration thereby making refunds or vouchers available. They then interviewed Mr O'Leary who insisted that all refunds from the previous lock down were settled even though the BBC tried to read emails from people who said they were still waiting.; this bit got a bit fractious. Then he said refunds would not apply this time because the flights would still go ahead - the interviewer never got the opportunity to ask did he intend to fly empty aircraft because as you say people cannot travel to the airport. Will be interesting to see what happens; the economics of flying empty against cancellation certainly escape me.
Dave

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Canary Islands
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2020, 16:14. »
The reason he is going to fly empty planes is because it will cost a lot less to fly them empty than full as it will only use about 60% of fuel cost because of weight , he will however have still got the list price for the seats , so he saves a shedload of money on each flight

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Canary Islands
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2020, 16:15. »
Dave my post was not intended to have a moan, it was simply to inform. Your post clearly says “ His wife is an nhs sister so testing shouldn't be an issue” now that sort of suggests that the nhs test would be used to facilitate a fit to travel requirement. National nhs policy clearly states that staff must not use the nhs for personal travel requirements.Hope this clarifies it for you.

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Canary Islands
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2020, 17:15. »
Wilson, yes not the best choice of words on my part.

What I meant was that as a Sister she would immediately know what a PCR test was as opposed to other types of test; whereas most of us, i imagine, would need some clarification.

She obviously would not jeopardise her career for what in the great scheme of things is not a great cost

Dave